Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

sylviaeffendi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
No positive assurances at all. Just the standard response I have been hearing for months......lots of applicants received in Aug 07.....being processed in the order in which they were received (yea right!).......will process yours as soon as we get to it.......
Feeling very frustrated, and a little miserable. There seem to be no other "correct" routes that I can go through to get some answers. I do not want to bug them, but I do feel that they should be able to give me some indication of timing......so that I can plan my life.
Originally the plan was for us to be in Aus by Jan so that our 6 year old could start school (grade one) in Aus. Now that is impossible as we have to sell houses etc., and we will not do that without the go-ahead on our visa. So, we are now hoping to be there by May / June.....which means she misses the first half of grade one (she does not start grade one here until Aug 09). At the end of the day, that is not the end of the world, but I wish it could have been avoided......

Nix
Hi Nix,

A close friend of mine recieved her visa grant in exactly 7 months (she was an online July 07 applicant from a high risk country)

She is now in Adelaide with her 495 visa. Visa grants are a matter of luck, i shall say.

Cheers,
Sylvia

Last edited by sylviaeffendi; Sep 25th 2008 at 4:42 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Originally Posted by sylviaeffendi
Hi Nix,

A close friend of mine recieved her visa grant in exactly 7 months (she was an online July 07 applicant from a high risk country)

She is now in Adelaide with her 495 visa. Visa grants are a matter of luck, i shall say.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Well the story for Pre -Sept 07 online 495 applicants is a lot different to Post-Sept 07 online 475 applicants. I know a lot of people who got their 495 visa from India in even 4.5 months and i guess 7 months was the maximum time it used to take then for 495's.

However i do not know of any online 475 applicants from a HR country who have got their visas in less than 10 months even after front-loading everything required by DIAC.

I read in this thread only that security checks for High risk countries take a lot longer than LR countries, and i totally agree with that, but on the other hand i guess that after comparing the timelines of 495's and 475's i have personally come to a conclusion that processing times of security checks have also increased for HR applicants post september 07.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

Hi, have just read a few posts on this thread.

Has anyone got a list of the high risk countries?

My husband is Turkish, but is a British citizen. We are applying using British passports. Our agent said that there would be additional checks done as they need to verify things with Ankara. We have submitted lots of extra documents from his time in Turkey including police checks etc.
Would he be classified as from a high risk country and processed slower? Will contact my agent in the morning unless someone has a quick response. Thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:43 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Low risk countries are Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) eligible. High risk countries are those not on the ETA list. Please check

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAAus1En.html
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
Hi, have just read a few posts on this thread.

Has anyone got a list of the high risk countries?

My husband is Turkish, but is a British citizen. We are applying using British passports. Our agent said that there would be additional checks done as they need to verify things with Ankara. We have submitted lots of extra documents from his time in Turkey including police checks etc.
Would he be classified as from a high risk country and processed slower? Will contact my agent in the morning unless someone has a quick response. Thanks.
Hi BroomeChick,

Take a look at page two:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

Good luck
Sylvia
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PuneetGaba
Well the story for Pre -Sept 07 online 495 applicants is a lot different to Post-Sept 07 online 475 applicants. I know a lot of people who got their 495 visa from India in even 4.5 months and i guess 7 months was the maximum time it used to take then for 495's.

However i do not know of any online 475 applicants from a HR country who have got their visas in less than 10 months even after front-loading everything required by DIAC.

I read in this thread only that security checks for High risk countries take a lot longer than LR countries, and i totally agree with that, but on the other hand i guess that after comparing the timelines of 495's and 475's i have personally come to a conclusion that processing times of security checks have also increased for HR applicants post september 07.
Hi PuneetGaba,

Thanks for clarifying that. Aw...so it could be a very different story for us? here i am hoping to receive my visa on January...
Oh dear... :curse:

Sylvia

Last edited by sylviaeffendi; Sep 26th 2008 at 4:04 am. Reason: added icon
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Livein is an unknown quantity at this point

I do understand that the DIAC may need more checks done and these can take longer, but this does not explain the delayed allocation of COs. Okay, if I were from a HR country, give me a CO and I would be willing to wait the checks to complete, but no, it works differently... so frustrating.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Livein
I do understand that the DIAC may need more checks done and these can take longer, but this does not explain the delayed allocation of COs. Okay, if I were from a HR country, give me a CO and I would be willing to wait the checks to complete, but no, it works differently... so frustrating.
I think those Case Officers wrote our TRN numbers on a piece of paper, put in a fishbowl and raffle it
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

I agree comepletely !!!!!! Why the delay in allocating the CO?
I think we are in a different region too - and maybe there is less resource allocation?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

completely agree with you,we've been putting our life on hold for almost 2 years.i really understand the frustration you have
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

"DIAC is committed to ensuring that it is open and accountable, deals fairly and reasonably with clients and has staff that are well trained and supported. The department's operational theme is people our business. The department's key objectives, as set out in The DIMA Plan are to:
* manage the lawful and orderly entry and stay of people in Australia, including through effective border security
* promote a society which values Australian citizenship, appreciates cultural diversity and enables migrants to participate equitably."

Well these are quotes from DIAC website and these are also what the department reports to stand for. A few important concepts DIAC presentated here are fair dealing, cultural diversity and equitable participation.

Based on the above, DIAC should allocate COs to applicants of a particular visa sublclass fairly, regardless of country of origin.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:56 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I keep comming up with new theories but my latest guess is that CO's are allocated on a HR/LR basis, and since LR applications take less time to process there will always be a lag between HR applications and LR ones.

cheers

mrt
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Originally Posted by mrt
Hi all,

I keep comming up with new theories but my latest guess is that CO's are allocated on a HR/LR basis, and since LR applications take less time to process there will always be a lag between HR applications and LR ones.

cheers

mrt
Hi MRT,

will you think i am day dreaming too much for hoping to arrive in January? Given im a HR applicant lodging June 08? hehehe...
I am also testing 'The Secret' theory here

Kind regards,
Sylvia
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:36 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

Hi MRT,

will you think i am day dreaming too much for hoping to arrive in January? Given im a HR applicant lodging June 08? hehehe...
I am also testing 'The Secret' theory here

Kind regards,
Sylvia
Hi Sylvia,

Unfortunately, if your going on a 175, I think it will be very difficult for you to be in OZ by January unless DIAC really speed up applications for HR countries.

When I applied in February 2008, I thought I would have my 175 visa way before January 2009 but currently I'm not sure that its going to happen. Hence I am now applying for a 457 visa to make it to OZ by January.

cheers

mrt
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BroomeChick,

Take a look at page two:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

Good luck
Sylvia
oh GOD. I am from very high risk country .. LoL .. dont know whats going to happen with me. I will apply in next 2 weeks. I think I should be serious with my job and studies after reading this thread

Sad to see these double standards. The sslowness is the characterstic of Most of all of govt. offices are like that, irrespective of the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.