Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
we r paper based,my agent has email DIAC last month and they said we have no CO yet.According to our agent whithin 15month of waiting period is not odd for high risk country and ask us not ton call diac as it may delay the processing time even more.
This is not true in the least. Your agent should be checking with ASPC why you have no CO assigned to your file as yet. It will not slow down the processing if your agent sends a post lodgement enquiry. If anything it will speed it up by letting them know you have been waiting this long. It is possible that your file has been misplaced and without someone to remind them there is no way for DIAC to know. Is your agent MARA registered?
Originally Posted by natsind
diac and their officers are doing their all the best efforts to delay HR country applications.

they are taking double standards for LR & HR country applications. in their website they are telling same timeline for both LR & HR countries to process SRS applications but in practical, they are clearing LR application in 6-7 months and for HR NO TIME LIMITS, joking with HR Country application. :curse:

If australia dont require HR candidates anymore then, why not banning them from applying?
Where is your proof that DIAC is delaying high risk country applications? The reason it takes only 6-7 months for lower risk countries is that the checks are easier to do. A lot of time the authorities in high risk countries take much longer to reply to enquiries and there is much more background checking that needs to be done.

totally agree with you natsind.We've been waiting for almost 14 months and still no sign of CO.we applied on 3 august 07 under 136 paper
You should have had a CO by now. Check the sticky at the top of this page for the updates on CO allocation. If you applied prior to the date stated you should really have your agent contact DIAC. Don't take "no" for an answer from the agent, either. Remember, they work for you, not the other way around.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

natsind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Where is your proof that DIAC is delaying high risk country applications? The reason it takes only 6-7 months for lower risk countries is that the checks are easier to do. A lot of time the authorities in high risk countries take much longer to reply to enquiries and there is much more background checking that needs to be done.
What proof you want to see? You can select the proof from the wide range of threads from this forum where many HR applicants are waiting from more than 18 months and still no medicals done means another 4-5-6-7...... months and it means almost 2 years in total. I can understand it may take time to check in HR countries but exactly not like that they are taking. It is not that much tough to verify claims in HR country you can take India as example, where almost all departments have their websites and having contact details into it where DIAC can verify. If you enquire then i agree that it may take days or 1-2 months but not more than, hence it is totally wrong to tell that they cant verify easily and hence taking these much of huge time than LR countries.

The truth is that, DIAC is taking benefit of tolerance power of HR country applicants, they know very well that, HR country applicants can wait for 18-20 months easily in compare to another countries.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This is not true in the least. Your agent should be checking with ASPC why you have no CO assigned to your file as yet. It will not slow down the processing if your agent sends a post lodgement enquiry. If anything it will speed it up by letting them know you have been waiting this long. It is possible that your file has been misplaced and without someone to remind them there is no way for DIAC to know. Is your agent MARA registered?

You should have had a CO by now. Check the sticky at the top of this page for the updates on CO allocation. If you applied prior to the date stated you should really have your agent contact DIAC. Don't take "no" for an answer from the agent, either. Remember, they work for you, not the other way around.
yes my agent is a MARA registered agent i've tried to contact him since 2days ago but no reply from him yet.dunno what to do now....it's very frustrating
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Bill_Fish is an unknown quantity at this point

totally agree with you natsind.We've been waiting for almost 14 months and still no sign of CO.we applied on 3 august 07 under 136 paper
My application was singed at 23 July 2007,and now I have waiting for over 14 months,the result of my last online inquiry at last week shows that still no co,no contact.The progress of HR country is definitely in a low priority,unfortunately it is the truth.So long waiting it has drove me crazy.The only thing that I can do is keep waiting.

Last edited by Bill_Fish; Sep 25th 2008 at 7:44 am.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bill_Fish
My application was singed at 23 July 2007,and now I have waiting for over 14 months,the result of my last online inquiry at last week shows that still no co,no contact.The progress of HR country is definitely in a low priority,unfortunately it is the truth.So long waiting it has drove me crazy.The only thing that I can do is keep waiting.
By the facts everyone is presenting here, I am getting increasingly convinced that CO allocation is deliberately delayed for HR country applicants. Its a sad revelation. Perhaps DIAC should make its intentions more explicit.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Lion38 is on a distinguished road

Generally it seems to be fact that HR countries are delayed compared to LR. UK applicants seem to be on the fast track.
However no rule without exception: I'm LR applicant and waiting more than 13 months - no CO assigned yet. All my inquiries get the same replies as any other guys most likely get...
I hope the next two months will bring CO assignment.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lion38
Generally it seems to be fact that HR countries are delayed compared to LR. UK applicants seem to be on the fast track.
However no rule without exception: I'm LR applicant and waiting more than 13 months - no CO assigned yet. All my inquiries get the same replies as any other guys most likely get...
I hope the next two months will bring CO assignment.
Good luck Lion38, hope it works for you in next two months. Are you paper-based? Used an agent? Did you lodge a complaint with DIAC yet? What visa category are you?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

If there was a severe skills shortage in australia then one would think all applicatons would be fast-tracked!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Well.......to add my case to the list.......
I applied Aug 07 for a 138 paperbased application (no agent) and called DIAC two nights ago......still no change ......no CO. 13 months and counting.....
So who knows the logic!
SA passport holder too....

Nix
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Well.......to add my case to the list.......
I applied Aug 07 for a 138 paperbased application (no agent) and called DIAC two nights ago......still no change ......no CO. 13 months and counting.....
So who knows the logic!
SA passport holder too....

Nix
Nix and Mike, what did DIAC say when you called them two nights ago? Was there a positive assurance or it was a kind of 'lets see what we can do...' answer?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

No positive assurances at all. Just the standard response I have been hearing for months......lots of applicants received in Aug 07.....being processed in the order in which they were received (yea right!).......will process yours as soon as we get to it.......
Feeling very frustrated, and a little miserable. There seem to be no other "correct" routes that I can go through to get some answers. I do not want to bug them, but I do feel that they should be able to give me some indication of timing......so that I can plan my life.
Originally the plan was for us to be in Aus by Jan so that our 6 year old could start school (grade one) in Aus. Now that is impossible as we have to sell houses etc., and we will not do that without the go-ahead on our visa. So, we are now hoping to be there by May / June.....which means she misses the first half of grade one (she does not start grade one here until Aug 09). At the end of the day, that is not the end of the world, but I wish it could have been avoided......

Nix
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No positive assurances at all. Just the standard response I have been hearing for months......lots of applicants received in Aug 07.....being processed in the order in which they were received (yea right!).......will process yours as soon as we get to it.......
Feeling very frustrated, and a little miserable. There seem to be no other "correct" routes that I can go through to get some answers. I do not want to bug them, but I do feel that they should be able to give me some indication of timing......so that I can plan my life.
Originally the plan was for us to be in Aus by Jan so that our 6 year old could start school (grade one) in Aus. Now that is impossible as we have to sell houses etc., and we will not do that without the go-ahead on our visa. So, we are now hoping to be there by May / June.....which means she misses the first half of grade one (she does not start grade one here until Aug 09). At the end of the day, that is not the end of the world, but I wish it could have been avoided......

Nix
As it looks like you've already submitted your meds and pcc, you may already have a CO and not be aware of it. They don't contact you unless they need to. Even if you don't, once you getone it won't take long to get to the grant stage as the won't have to contact you torequest that paperwork
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollyanna, I wish you were right, but the gentleman I spoke to two nights ago clearly told me that I do not have a CO yet. So I am still in that elusive pile......
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna, I wish you were right, but the gentleman I spoke to two nights ago clearly told me that I do not have a CO yet. So I am still in that elusive pile......
Well at least when you get one things should move fast
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well at least when you get one things should move fast
That's what I keep telling myself ! Let's hope that is true.....

Thanks for your support.

Nix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.