Claim 5 points for partnet skill

Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Claim 5 points for partner skill

hi all,

I have a point to clear out. I want to claim 5 points using my partner skill. She is a ICT Trainer and followings are the Qulifications , Experience and Responsibilities.

Qualifications :

MSc in Information Technology (2 years - Part Time - English Medium )
Bsc (Hons.) in Computer System and Networking (4 years - Full Time - English Medium )

Experience : ICT Lecturer and Lab Instructor (4 years - Full Time)

Responsibilities :

Deploy the Lectures to the BCS PRogram Students
Prepare Lab Manuals, Lecture Slides and Assingments
Teach ICT for London O/L and A/L Students

If she have gained the ICT Trainer Skill assessment from the ACS ,

1) What's the IELTS score she should obtain in order to claim 5 points under partnet skills ?

2) What else she needs to satisfy for the above mentioned purpose ?

Your responses are highly.

Thanks

Last edited by dilruk336; Sep 19th 2012 at 9:45 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:53 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claim 5 points for partner skill

Originally Posted by dilruk336
hi all,

I have a point to clear out. I want to claim 5 points using my partner skill. She is a ICT Trainer and followings are the Qulifications , Experience and Responsibilities.

Qualifications :

MSc in Information Technology (2 years - Part Time - English Medium )
Bsc (Hons.) in Computer System and Networking (4 years - Full Time - English Medium )

Experience : ICT Lecturer and Lab Instructor (4 years - Full Time)

Responsibilities :

Deploy the Lectures to the BCS PRogram Students
Prepare Lab Manuals, Lecture Slides and Assingments
Teach ICT for London O/L and A/L Students

If she have gained the ICT Trainer Skill assessment from the ACS ,

1) What's the IELTS score she should obtain in order to claim 5 points under partnet skills ?

2) What else she needs to satisfy for the above mentioned purpose ?

Your responses are highly.

Thanks
Is her skill on the SOL? Is it on the same SOL as yours? If it is, she will need to obtain a positive skills assessment & have a competent level in IELTS (six in each component as a minimum).

Partner Skills

You can receive five points if your partner meets requirements at the time you are invited to apply relating to:
  • a suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application.

You cannot receive these points if your partner is not included on your visa application, or if they are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.

Points Evidence required

You must provide evidence that your partner meets the requirements. This evidence must be:
  • documents that prove your partner is 50 years of age or younger
  • documents that prove your partner has at least competent English
  • a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partner’s nominated occupation (your partner’s nominated occupation must be on the same Skilled Occupation List as your nominated occupation).

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 19th 2012 at 9:55 am.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Is her skill on the SOL? Is it on the same SOL as yours? If it is, she will need to obtain a positive skills assessment & have a competent level in IELTS (six in each component as a minimum).
Thanks for your reply. But I placed in Schedule 1 (263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer ) but she resides in Schedule 2 (223211 - ICT Trainer).

Which means I cannot gained my prtner skill points ?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:46 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. But I placed in Schedule 1 (263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer ) but she resides in Schedule 2 (223211 - ICT Trainer).

That's correct. You would have to have skills on the same SOL to be able to claim partner skills points.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

1) She must have atleast 6 in all sections ( For DIAC)

2) Complete assessment from ACS (which does not require IELTS)

3) SOL 1 is for independent visa and SOL 1+ SOL 2 is for sponsored visa. Your partners occupation should be under same SOL as yours.

4) Read ACS guideline for best match of occupation with your wife's experience. Otherwise she may get neg outcome.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
1) She must have atleast 6 in all sections ( For DIAC)

2) Complete assessment from ACS (which does not require IELTS)

3) SOL 1 is for independent visa and SOL 1+ SOL 2 is for sponsored visa. Your partners occupation should be under same SOL as yours.

4) Read ACS guideline for best match of occupation with your wife's experience. Otherwise she may get neg outcome.
It doesn't matter if she gets a negative outcome now. Her skill is not on the same SOL, so he can't claim points for her. So there's no point in getting her skills assessed.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:31 am
Just Joined

cyber_drac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Claim 5 points for partnet skill

To claim 5 points your spouse need to get a positive assessment from ACS.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by cyber_drac
To claim 5 points your spouse need to get a positive assessment from ACS.
Read the previous posts. His partner's skills aren't on the same SOL as his, so he can't claim partner points. It would be a waste of time & money to get her skills assessed when they can't be used.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:04 am
Just Joined

ruchkal is an unknown quantity at this point

Your partner should get a skill assessment
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruchkal
Why? Did you not read posts 2, 4, 6 and 8? He cannot claim points for partner skills.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Have you not read the previous posts saying that there is no point?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:04 am

I am referring to the migration law effective after 01/07/2012. Partner can claim 5 points if he is satisfying following conditions.
1. He/she should be below 50 years old.
2. His/her occupation should be there in SOL.
3. He/she should score 6 points in every band in IELTS

If the partner satisfy above requirements he should get a Skill assessment from a valid agency. Thereby the primary applicant can claim 5 points from the partner.
You are incorrect. They need to have a skill on the same skilled occupation list. I suggest you read the SkillSelect site so that you don't end up giving out erroneous information.

I shall post the information again. Read it.

Partner Skills

You can receive five points if your partner meets requirements at the time you are invited to apply relating to:

a suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application.
You cannot receive these points if your partner is not included on your visa application, or if they are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.

Points Evidence required
You must provide evidence that your partner meets the requirements. This evidence must be:

documents that prove your partner is 50 years of age or younger
documents that prove your partner has at least competent English
a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partner’s nominated occupation (your partner’s nominated occupation must be on the same Skilled Occupation List as your nominated occupation).
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am referring to the migration law effective after 01/07/2012. Partner can claim 5 points if he is satisfying following conditions.
1. He/she should be below 50 years old.
2. His/her occupation should be there in SOL.
3. He/she should score 6 points in every band in IELTS

If the partner satisfy above requirements he should get a Skill assessment from a valid agency. Thereby the primary applicant can claim 5 points from the partner.
You have rewritten those rules in your own words. The rules on the DIAC site, quite clearly state that the partner occupation must be on the same SOL as the main applicant for points.

Also refer to the five or six posts above confirming this.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:21 am
Just Joined

ruchkal is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I didn't mean to misguide anyone. What I wrote is the advice given by my migration agent.Thanks for the correction. I deleted my comment
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:23 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to misguide anyone. What I wrote is the advice given by my migration agent.Thanks for the correction. I deleted my comment
I would check to make sure that your agent is MARA registered. If their advice on such basic matters at that is wrong, it could cost you (and a lot of other people) a hell of a lot of money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.