Wikiposts

City opt out in regional area reasons?

Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough
Default City opt out in regional area reasons?

What is the possible reasons that a city to be opt out from
DIAC's Regional Australia/Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas?

Especially Adelaide, because Adelaide is an only city that included
Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas but not Regional Australia.

Do Adelaide opt out in Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas soon?
Thank you!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:33 pm
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Can you explain your post in more detail please?

if you are sponsored by south australia you can live anywhere in that state.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: City opt out in regional area reasons?

Originally Posted by stormywhether
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Can you explain your post in more detail please?

if you are sponsored by south australia you can live anywhere in that state.
My meaning is what situation that cause DIAC opt out Adelaide,
so that even sponsored by SA, immigrants cannot live in Adelaide?
(Similiar with WA cannot live in Perth)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:27 pm
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

Originally Posted by immigrants
My meaning is what situation that cause DIAC opt out Adelaide,
so that even sponsored by SA, immigrants cannot live in Adelaide?
(Similiar with WA cannot live in Perth)
I've never heard this before, 'immigrants', and many people have been sponsored by SA who intend to go and live in Adelaide.

Can you give us a link to official information that says Adelaide is out of bounds to people seeking the sponsored (skilled worker) route?

Thanks!

Stormy
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you may be worried that by the time you get a grant you won't be able to live in Adelaide???
Am I right?

The truth of the matter is that the DIAC do not decide the state 'low population growth areas' the state does that themselves....

And as this is only decided once a year, you'll be fine if you visa is granted before September!

I'm not sure if I've answered your question, but I hope I have the gist of it!

Ali x