Wikiposts

Citizenship sponsor?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough
Default Citizenship sponsor?

My mate in Oz (has been thereover 3 years now) is going for citizanship, could she then sponsor me and my family, thanks to the TRA new rules on no qualifaications no TRA my husband (chef) can not apply and I will have to apply instead and my case isnt as strong as his.

So just wondering how that sort of visa works?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship sponsor?

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
My mate in Oz (has been thereover 3 years now) is going for citizanship, could she then sponsor me and my family, thanks to the TRA new rules on no qualifaications no TRA my husband (chef) can not apply and I will have to apply instead and my case isnt as strong as his.

So just wondering how that sort of visa works?
Just because you are a citizen doesn't mean you have an automatic right to sponsor on a non-skilled basis.

And friends cannot sponsor for family based migration anyway.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Just because you are a citizen doesn't mean you have an automatic right to sponsor on a non-skilled basis.

And friends cannot sponsor for family based migration anyway.
AAhhh, what if my OH step mum is Australian but lives in the UK, could she sponsor us?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

AAhhh, what if my OH step mum is Australian but lives in the UK, could she sponsor us?
Not without a skill. I believe your sponsor has to live in Australia and show proof on the sponsorship forms.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not without a skill. I believe your sponsor has to live in Australia and show proof on the sponsorship forms.

Oh poo, guess we'll either have to wait until they allow un-qualified skilled workers back in or until i pass my degree before we start the visa
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh poo, guess we'll either have to wait until they allow un-qualified skilled workers back in or until i pass my degree before we start the visa
If you're willing to deal with the 457 visa risks/hassles then that is an alternative.

Or wait and see what alternative TRA/Vetassess come up with, trade tests etc.

Presumably your husband can't now go to trade school and get his certificate?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you're willing to deal with the 457 visa risks/hassles then that is an alternative.

Or wait and see what alternative TRA/Vetassess come up with, trade tests etc.

Presumably your husband can't now go to trade school and get his certificate?

Well, he was going to go back to college and get it, but It would take 2 years so its either or really because I'll get my degree in 2 years and I'll have the stronger case.

If he has to take a trade test then so be it, he wont like it though, but tough I want to live in Australia.