Citizenship and moving overseas

Old Nov 5th 2021, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Britlostinsydney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship and moving overseas

Hi all,

I am currently on a TSS visa, with PR lodged last month through my company. After 1 year on PR I intend to apply for citizenship (meet the requirements).

My plan is to go travelling for 6 months before moving back to London or New York (intention to return to Sydney full time in 10-15 years - wanted more international experience)

have a question:
(1) at what point could I leave to start 6 months travelling? can I theoretically apply and immediately start travelling, returning to Sydney for the interview/test and ceremony? Or would this have to be after the interview/test, or only after citizenship is actually granted?

I would have a return ticket to Sydney until citizenship is granted, and would have a residential address in Sydney.

don't understand if the 90 days outside of country rule is from the date of application or something else.

any help or guidance would be appreciated.
thanks
mike

Last edited by Britlostinsydney; Nov 5th 2021 at 1:25 am.