Citizenship Interview for 17yr old

Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Citizenship Interview for 17yr old

Hi,

We've had our dates come through for our citizenship interview/test.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions they will ask my 17 yr old daughter - until recently we believed she didnt have to do any questions?

thanks
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:45 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Interview for 17yr old

Originally Posted by lolylew
Hi,

We've had our dates come through for our citizenship interview/test.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions they will ask my 17 yr old daughter - until recently we believed she didnt have to do any questions?

thanks
I think you're panicking unnecessarily tbh - it's not a full on formal interview - the man who chatted to my son did his best to put him at ease.

He was asked to give three benefits and three responsibilities of citizenship - there are loads of examples of each in the citizenship booklet.

They really don't want you to fail..

(seriously - if you fail the 'proper' test you can generally have another go at it there and then, so don't stress out about your daughter being asked a couple of questions)
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
He was asked to give three benefits and three responsibilities of citizenship - there are loads of examples of each in the citizenship booklet.
Don't think I've heard of people being asked questions like that before during their citizenship "interview". My experience, and from what I've heard of others, is that it's largely an academic thing of the person going through the application, only asking things to clear up anything on the form (for me, it was if I wanted my middle names listed as my visa didn't have them - so I said no, and he crossed them out), and then take a photo.

Has anyone else had questions like the one posted by Dreamy?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:33 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Don't think I've heard of people being asked questions like that before during their citizenship "interview". My experience, and from what I've heard of others, is that it's largely an academic thing of the person going through the application, only asking things to clear up anything on the form (for me, it was if I wanted my middle names listed as my visa didn't have them - so I said no, and he crossed them out), and then take a photo.

if ur 16-17 y/o it's different
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:52 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse

He was 17, so didn't have to do the test, all he had to do was produce his documents and give the benefits/responsibilities as above.

My friends who had a son in the same situation had the same.