Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Days out side australia - sent by Employer

Citizenship - Days out side australia - sent by Employer

Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Citizenship - Days out side australia - sent by Employer

Hi,

If someone is in Australian on PR and his Australian employer send him on task/job out side Australia for few months or a year .. Does this outside australia period will count towards Citizenships requirment number of days .. I mean 4 years to get citizenship? If Yes then how this time could be included ..

Cheers.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Days out side australia - sent by Employer

Time up to about 25% will be ignored. Anything over that and the residence clock will be re-set.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Time up to about 25% will be ignored. Anything over that and the residence clock will be re-set.
Does it mean that there is maximum 1 year exemption in this case? i.e 1 year out of 4 years

and addition to the above question - What document can be used to suuport that 25% time .. Company letters .. or something else .. ?

Last edited by ZeeAsh; Jul 30th 2009 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

melb3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
Does it mean that there is maximum 1 year exemption in this case? i.e 1 year out of 4 years

and addition to the above question - What document can be used to suuport that 25% time .. Company letters .. or something else .. ?
it's not counted toward. So regardless of the time overseas for ur employers or whatever, you must add up ALL the amount of time spent IN Australia equivilent to at least 3 years in the last 4 years, and in the last 12 months immediately before you apply for citizenship, you can't be outside the country for more than 3 months. otherwise, you need to wait until the time spent calculation satisfies again.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:54 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

I went for a weeks holiday and this moved my elidgable date by 1 week as well. Bascially in my case it needed to be exactly 2 years inside AU.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:08 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
I went for a weeks holiday and this moved my elidgable date by 1 week as well. Bascially in my case it needed to be exactly 2 years inside AU.
But the rules are a little different since 1 July 2007.