Citizenship certificates being issued?

Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship certificates being issued?

As far as I am aware this has never been done before by DIAC so there's probably a lot of confusion, delay involved.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:12 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
Any update for those of us in Perth? I attended the ceremony on 25 August and am still waiting. I have telephoned the council offices twice and they tell me that they process the batches of certificates as they arrive from Canberra.

I am traveling mid-December and am getting a little concerned. How long does the passport application process take?

Hi Discobay
I had a passport interview at the Perth passport office on Monday afternoon, had an email on Tuesday to say it had been produced, and I could pick it up in person on Wednesday or they could post it to me and I received it on Thursday. Paid $78 for the priority processing fee
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WS
Hi Discobay
I had a passport interview at the Perth passport office on Monday afternoon, had an email on Tuesday to say it had been produced, and I could pick it up in person on Wednesday or they could post it to me and I received it on Thursday. Paid $78 for the priority processing fee
Thanks, so if I pay I can get the passport processed quicker. Just need the cert. now.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, so if I pay I can get the passport processed quicker. Just need the cert. now.
See my post above - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=20
I know this was for Brisbane, but it was official DIAC advice given out at the ceremony. If its fairly easy for you to get into the Perth Pssport Offcie it might be worth going in and speaking to a supervisor. The fact is that you ARE a citizen, and DIAC records will already reflect this fact, even if you don't have the piece of paper.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
See my post above - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=20
I know this was for Brisbane, but it was official DIAC advice given out at the ceremony. If its fairly easy for you to get into the Perth Pssport Offcie it might be worth going in and speaking to a supervisor. The fact is that you ARE a citizen, and DIAC records will already reflect this fact, even if you don't have the piece of paper.
Yes I agree but I am wary of civil servants towing the line when they don't know their business and wasting half a day of my time whilst they do that. I think I'll see what early next week brings and if the "Ceremonies" department ever get back to me.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:03 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree but I am wary of civil servants towing the line when they don't know their business and wasting half a day of my time whilst they do that. I think I'll see what early next week brings and if the "Ceremonies" department ever get back to me.
If you do call them or go into the office, you can quote my info as official from DIAC and if they say they know nothing, insist on speaking to a SUpervisor. Your ststus on the computer is now "citizen" and on that basis they can process your applciation for a passport, its a question of standing your ground and insisting on talking to someone who knows what to do in an unusual situation. Even JAJ hadn't come across the situation before of certificates not being issued, so its not something most public servants will be familiar with.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

My new born daughter was given her certificate about a month ago (10 sept. Applied on the 5th of Sept). It was issued by The Embassy in Washinton DC, USA. She was granted citizenship by descent, which could be different.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
My new born daughter was given her certificate about a month ago (10 sept. Applied on the 5th of Sept). It was issued by The Embassy in Washinton DC, USA. She was granted citizenship by descent, which could be different.
If the certificate carries the Minister's signature, then it's no different.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
If the certificate carries the Minister's signature, then it's no different.
No, there was no signature on the certificate.

Also looks like a print out, given the certificate is printed on perferated paper.

Now just have to wait until the San Fran consulate fokes come to Seattle in December, so I can get her passport app sorted.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you do call them or go into the office, you can quote my info as official from DIAC and if they say they know nothing, insist on speaking to a SUpervisor. Your ststus on the computer is now "citizen" and on that basis they can process your applciation for a passport, its a question of standing your ground and insisting on talking to someone who knows what to do in an unusual situation. Even JAJ hadn't come across the situation before of certificates not being issued, so its not something most public servants will be familiar with.
This week's update - the rules changed last year or the year before such that the passport issuing authority must sight the certificate - w****rs! More bad news is that mine was missed - t****rs! The good news is that it has been requested and should arrive next week. We'll see
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

This week's update - the rules changed last year or the year before such that the passport issuing authority must sight the certificate - w****rs! More bad news is that mine was missed - t****rs! The good news is that it has been requested and should arrive next week. We'll see
All I can say is that totally contradicts the advice given to me in Brisbane by the Co dealing with my citizenship - and I'd given him such an earful that there's no way he would lie to me! Your status on the DIAC computer is "citizen", they can issue a passport based on that - its how they issue passports if you have a fire etc and lose your certificate and passport (eg the Victorian Bushfires)

However, for your peace of mind I hope its now on its way.....
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arrived yesterday by registered post! Tomorrow I'll be ringing the passport to arrangement an appointment.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Arrived yesterday by registered post! Tomorrow I'll be ringing the passport to arrangement an appointment.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was so happy that my English turned a little French
Old Oct 29th 2010, 6:32 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news Discobay, I'm so pleased you've finally got it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.