Citizenship Ceremony

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

mash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Citizenship Ceremony

Took the final pledge at Parramatta town Hall.

It was a very proud moment, the ceremony was well organised and an enjoyable experience.

I received the final trophy, my citizenship certificate...

after so much paper work, document attestations, medical checks, qualification verifications, work experience references , waiting, wondering, wishing, hoping and last but not least the all important..............police checks !!!

It has been the the hardest journey I embarked upon, only relying on this site to get me through.

To avoid all the above .... I do recommend taking the night boat from Sri Lanka, much cheaper, more exciting and guess what ... No police checks

Thank you all who helped on this site, without you I would have given up along time ago
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 10:40 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Congratulations!

Remember to get your Australian passport now, you'll need that if you ever travel outside Australia and get back in.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS !! Great news !!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

mash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Thanks Comet 555,

What is the quickest way to get oz passport fly out to London 11 dec 2009
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mash2000
Thanks Comet 555,

What is the quickest way to get oz passport fly out to London 11 dec 2009
Premium service, http://www.passports.gov.au
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:27 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow... good thing I mentioned it then. Get your paperwork together real fast!

I believe it may be possible to re-enter the country using your foreign passport with the old (no longer valid) visa label in it providing you also carry your citizenship certificate. I think it has been done before but it could cause delays and you just never know what'll happen. More importantly when you try to leave the UK they might not let you because you no longer have a valid visa and don't have an Australian passport.

I would definitely go for the fast passport and pay the extra fee to avoid complications.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

room1102 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a very proud moment, the ceremony was well organised and an enjoyable experience.

after so much paper work, document attestations, medical checks, qualification verifications, work experience references , waiting, wondering, wishing, hoping and last but not least the all important..............police checks !!!

It has been the the hardest journey I embarked upon, only relying on this site to get me through.

To avoid all the above .... I do recommend taking the night boat from Sri Lanka, much cheaper, more exciting and guess what ... No police checks

Thank you all who helped on this site, without you I would have given up along time ago
hi, just wondering. how long did it take you to get a ceremony date after the approval letter came if you do not mind i ask? i am in Auburn and I am still waiting for my ceremony date.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:28 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you...mine is fixed for 3rd August 2010...and it will be a small, private thingy. I get seasick otherwise, yes, your alternative route seems easier...more paperwork for the passport!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

room1102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Good on you...mine is fixed for 3rd August 2010...and it will be a small, private thingy. I get seasick otherwise, yes, your alternative route seems easier...more paperwork for the passport!!!!
Hi Alistair

Just wondering. How long did you have to wait after the approval letter before they give you a ceremony date? are you in Parramatta Council area as well?

Thx
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:53 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by room1102
Hi Alistair

Just wondering. How long did you have to wait after the approval letter before they give you a ceremony date? are you in Parramatta Council area as well?

Thx
What ho! ..nooo..I'm in a small place in S.W. Vic. Very civilised. They allow you to choose what sort of ceremony you want. I could have waited longer and had a group thing or even waited till Australia Day (but they do that at breakfast time and I don't function till midday).

My test was 21st June this year. My approval letter (dated the same day) arrived here about 24th June. We have a very friendly and approachable local shire so I called them on the blower on the 9th August just to see how things were going and the lady there said that my paperwork had arrived with them that very morning.

The date was set for 3rd August because the mayor is coming here to our little town from the main shire office on that day. I could have travelled down there and had it done quicker. As I said, all very civilised. My wife works for the shire BUT that has nothing to do with it!!!

I think from memory of reading similar thread/posts here, Paramatta is pretty much a lottery and time scales vary a lot.