Citizenship application query

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship application query

Hello, all.

So, the time is swiftly approaching when I will be eligible to apply for citizenship. In just a few weeks, I will have been in Australia as a permanent resident for a year (PR was granted to me as the spouse of an Australian citizen), and in the country for over 4 years (obviously I haven’t been out of Australia in excess of the specified limits, either).

I want to spend the next month pulling together any remaining documentation etc but I’m a bit confused as to what I may need to produce. Does anyone have a breakdown of any documents I might need to upload? Do I need a new police check from the UK and from here in Australia, for example?

Obviously, I uploaded a load of documents as part of my spouse visa application, including bank statements and statutory declarations etc., but is anything like that needed for a citizenship application? Or is it just up-to-date police checks, a list of dates when I’ve travelled outside the country, and a scan of a passport photo?

Thanks in advance for any info you may provide!
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application query

This is a good place to start and explains the documents required:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citi...resident#HowTo
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You will not necessarily need any police checks. They do the Aussie one on you behalf and you won’t need a UK one unless you have spent over 90 days there since gaining PR.
Evidence to support ID (similar to 100 point check) is required and you can choose what to use (utility, lease, driving licence etc). You shouldn’t need to scramble for anything. The ID form requires a signatory though so worth checking who might do that for you.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

This is really handy - thanks chaps!
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

I found my citizenship application to be a piece of cake. They're not going to ask for anything that you haven't already provided during your 820/801 application. The only issue I had was that they rejected my 60 year old birth certificate because it was too tatty! A replacement was easy to obtain.

I applied on May 25th 2019, my application was approved in December and my citizenship ceremony was on Australia day.

Very straightforward.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
I found my citizenship application to be a piece of cake. They're not going to ask for anything that you haven't already provided during your 820/801 application. The only issue I had was that they rejected my 60 year old birth certificate because it was too tatty! A replacement was easy to obtain.

I applied on May 25th 2019, my application was approved in December and my citizenship ceremony was on Australia day.

Very straightforward.
Thanks for the details, particularly with regard to your timeline! I’ll be applying at the start of April this year, so I’d be pretty stoked if I were a citizen come Australia Day 2021.