Citizenship application processing time

Old Nov 8th 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Eleana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application processing time

Hi guys,

I lodged my citizenship application online last Thursday and was arranged to have the citizenship test this Friday. I'm in Brisbane CBD.

I am wondering if provided everything is OK.
How long it will take to know the application result?
And how long I will have to wait for the citizenship ceremony?

I found a very useful thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680357
But it is only up to August this year. Not sure what is the situation right now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eleana
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application processing time

Originally Posted by Eleana
How long it will take to know the application result?
However long it takes them to decide.

You can check the application status online as much as you like - when it's been decided, the status message will be updated a few days before you receive the letter informing you of this.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
However long it takes them to decide.

You can check the application status online as much as you like - when it's been decided, the status message will be updated a few days before you receive the letter informing you of this.
Thanks for the reply roaringmouse.

I knew the processing time is up to 6 weeks at the moment (which shows on immi webpage), and it also depends on where you locate (I found it from another thread).

I am asking here and just want to know someone may apply a month also earlier and they might can give some advice.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eleana
Thanks for the reply roaringmouse.

I knew the processing time is up to 6 weeks at the moment (which shows on immi webpage), and it also depends on where you locate (I found it from another thread).

I am asking here and just want to know someone may apply a month also earlier and they might can give some advice.

Thanks.
I rang through a couple of weeks ago to ask the same question and they said after completing the test can take 3-4 months!! I nearly fell off my chair! that was for Brisbane too.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I rang through a couple of weeks ago to ask the same question and they said after completing the test can take 3-4 months!! I nearly fell off my chair! that was for Brisbane too.

Really? That sounds not so good.

Did u apply in Brisbane as well? When was that? And have u got any news after the test so far?(I just assue u answer Y in my first Q )

I'm going to ask the staff at immi when I go to the test on Friday.

And from here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680357
They said 3-4 weeks, and someone is one week only. They r in Brizzie as well.

Anyway I will keep it updated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I applied in December but they managed to drag it out one way and another till August.......
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Im at the same stage as you are, give them a ring and see what they say to you. We apply for the test up here on the Sunny Coast then the citizenship results etc take the time at Brisbane.

Good Luck x
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I applied in December but they managed to drag it out one way and another till August.......
I used the 'search' function in the forum to search anything about citizenship and found out your story. I felt sorry for you. They really should do something when the email was not working and they knew it. It is not good for anyone when they just blindly stick to the policy. They are human not robots.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

bettyandbertie is an unknown quantity at this point

We did our test a couple of weeks ago, on a Thursday morining. We got our approval letter on the following Tuesday.

Still waiting to hear about a ceremony. We would really like it to be on Australia day.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bettyandbertie
We did our test a couple of weeks ago, on a Thursday morining. We got our approval letter on the following Tuesday.

Still waiting to hear about a ceremony. We would really like it to be on Australia day.
Thanks for the reply.

Here is a little update from me:

I sit the test last Friday and got approved on the day. Now waiting for the official letter and the ceremony letter. I'm also hoping to attand the ceremony on the Australia day.