Citizenship Application-Documents query

Old Feb 11th 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Citizenship Application-Documents query

I am looking for some advice before we submit our online citizenship application.

1. For the adult applicants do we need to provide birth certificates, for our visa applications in the past we have provided our passports, but looking at the Immi site it looks like we may have to get our borth certificates. Just trying to avoid having to apply to the UK for copies as this costs us time and money.

2. Do we need current UK passports for the children in order to apply, our 3 daughters passports expired last year and would like to put in our citizenship without having to get passports renewed (will cost us $1000 for the 3 of them)

3. For anyone that has applied in Victoria since they changed the process last November, how long did you have to wait till being called for test and interview.

Many thanks for any assistance
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application-Documents query

Here's the list of documents required.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 12:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

1. You should have been asked to provide birth certificates for immigration, you will probably need to provide them for citizenship.

2. A current passport is not required. Many applicants for citizenship are refugees or stateless and cannot get a passport even if they want to.

3. It will take however long it takes.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Here's the list of documents required.
i just got a letter saying i needed to submit form 1295....

i dont know why DIAC is so confusing, based on the link above it says i i can use my passport since it has my Date of Birth as well as my signature and photo...

but then on the letter it says to submit the form 1295 AND provide a birth certificate....:curse: