Citizenship Application

Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

obener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really nice
Question Citizenship Application

Hi All,

Just applied for my citizenship online on Friday 26/10. Called 131880 today and they said usually the wait for a test is 4-6 weeks I thought the department had to give an appointment/test dates within 10 business days? The downfall is that at regional areas tests arent as frequent i assume. Capital cities have tests everyday.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:48 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application

Originally Posted by obener
Hi All,

Just applied for my citizenship online on Friday 26/10. Called 131880 today and they said usually the wait for a test is 4-6 weeks I thought the department had to give an appointment/test dates within 10 business days? The downfall is that at regional areas tests arent as frequent i assume. Capital cities have tests everyday.
Hello obener and welcome to the forum.

I got my appointment within a fortnight. I live regionally but went to Melbourne for my test.

Whereabouts are you? I had the choice of a few different centres.

Best of luck and enjoy B.E.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

obener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Hello obener and welcome to the forum.

I got my appointment within a fortnight. I live regionally but went to Melbourne for my test.

Whereabouts are you? I had the choice of a few different centres.

Best of luck and enjoy B.E.
Gladstone QLD If there will be a choice of earlier test dates I dont mind flying to centres like Brisbane
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:14 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Gladstone QLD If there will be a choice of earlier test dates I dont mind flying to centres like Brisbane
I took it as an excuse to have a short holiday. Love the country but a few days in the city is always welcome.

Where will you have to go for your ceremony? My local shire did mine.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

I took it as an excuse to have a short holiday. Love the country but a few days in the city is always welcome.

Where will you have to go for your ceremony? My local shire did mine.
Always good to have holidays around the country so many nice places to visit and as you said the test would become just an excuse My local council holds citizenship ceremonies regularly with the Mayor I was thinking of calling the department 11 business days after the date of application if I dont get my letter or email
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Always good to have holidays around the country so many nice places to visit and as you said the test would become just an excuse My local council holds citizenship ceremonies regularly with the Mayor I was thinking of calling the department 11 business days after the date of application if I dont get my letter or email
Well, best of luck to you. In fact, the first date I got back for my appointment was within a week and I couldn't attend that quickly. I phoned them and they were happy to make an appointment that suited me.

I seem to remember that when I did the online bit, I had to elect and submit which office I wanted to attend to get the interview. Did you have to make a choice? If you did, you might be stuck with it.

I think they state that they will reply with a date within a certain time, not necessarily that the date will be within that time..........but then, you are in QLD.............
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Something I found which I thought was useful:

(1) There are 13 Departmental offices in Australia where citizenship tests are
available on a daily basis:

DIAC Office Location
Parramatta 9 Wentworth Street, NSW 2150
Melbourne 2 Lonsdale Street, VIC 3000
Sydney 26 Lee Street, NSW 2000
Perth 411 Wellington Street, WA 6000
Dandenong 51 Princes Highway VIC 3175
Brisbane 299 Adelaide Street, QLD 4000
Adelaide 55 Currie Street, SA 5000
Southport 72 Nerang Street, Gold Coast, QLD 4000
Canberra (ACTRO) 3 Lonsdale Street Braddon, ACT 2612
Darwin 40 Cavanagh Street NT 0800
Cairns 85 Spence Street, QLD 4870
Hobart 188 Colins Street TAS 7000
Thursday Island Hastings Street QLD 4870

(2a) Departmental officers regularly travel to 34 Medicare Australia and Centrelink offices throughout regional Australia to conduct tests:

Medicare Australia and Centrelink Regional Citizenship Testing Centres
Centrelink - Newcastle
Medicare - Mildura
Centrelink - Port Hedland
Medicare - Wodonga
Centrelink - Wollongong
Medicare - Gladstone
Centrelink - Coffs Harbour
Medicare - Lismore
Medicare - Townsville
Medicare - Warrnambool
Medicare - Launceston
Medicare - Albany
Medicare - Bendigo
Medicare - Dubbo
Medicare - Geelong
Medicare - Tamworth
Medicare - Mackay
Medicare - Kalgoorlie
Medicare - Griffith
Medicare - Geraldton
Medicare - Bunbury
Medicare - Rockhampton
Medicare - Shepparton
Medicare - Swan Hill
Medicare - Ballarat
Medicare - Toowoomba
Medicare - Bundaberg
Medicare - Batemans Bay
Medicare - Alice Springs
Medicare - Port Augusta
Medicare - Wagga Wagga
Medicare - Mount Isa
Medicare - Berri
Medicare - Kawana Waters - Buddina

(2b) In addition, tests have also been conducted in other regional locations,
predominantly in council chambers, on a periodic basis where demand has existed:
Council Chambers - Norfolk Island
Mt Gambier SA
Charleville QLD
Roma QLD
Emerald QLD
Derby WA
Karratha WA
Katherine NT
Kununurra WA
Port Lincon SA
Port Augusta SA
Broome WA
Nhulunbuy NT
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Well, best of luck to you. In fact, the first date I got back for my appointment was within a week and I couldn't attend that quickly. I phoned them and they were happy to make an appointment that suited me.

I seem to remember that when I did the online bit, I had to elect and submit which office I wanted to attend to get the interview. Did you have to make a choice? If you did, you might be stuck with it.

I think they state that they will reply with a date within a certain time, not necessarily that the date will be within that time..........but then, you are in QLD.............
I did apply online, as you stated I did have to submit a choice of office and I chose Brisbane Office From the people around I heard the test in our city was once a month at medicare.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:31 pm
221b Baker Street

I did apply online, as you stated I did have to submit a choice of office and I chose Brisbane Office From the people around I heard the test in our city was once a month at medicare.
I think...not sure...that Brisbane is incredibly busy with applicants, so you may have to wait.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

I think...not sure...that Brisbane is incredibly busy with applicants, so you may have to wait.
Should have gone with Sydney office
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Something I found which I thought was useful:

(1) There are 13 Departmental offices in Australia where citizenship tests are
available on a daily basis:

DIAC Office Location
Parramatta 9 Wentworth Street, NSW 2150
Melbourne 2 Lonsdale Street, VIC 3000
Sydney 26 Lee Street, NSW 2000
Perth 411 Wellington Street, WA 6000
Dandenong 51 Princes Highway VIC 3175 ...
Might be useful, but a bit out of date - the Dandenong office moved from that address about a year ago.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 11:20 am
Just Joined

woohoo half way (5 business days) to waiting for getting an appointment date Getting so excited.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 11:21 am
221b Baker Street

woohoo half way (5 business days) to waiting for getting an appointment date Getting so excited.
That's good to hear.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:48 am
Just Joined

koosh_us is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone who has been approved recently in the hills shire council ..NSW??? ..got approved in early October ..wondering if i have any chance for the ceremony in Jan

does anyone know if they increase the the number of invitees on oz day
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 6:02 am
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by koosh_us
anyone who has been approved recently in the hills shire council ..NSW??? ..got approved in early October ..wondering if i have any chance for the ceremony in Jan

does anyone know if they increase the the number of invitees on oz day
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

You need to contact your shire / council and see what they offer. My small shire did it on a date to suit me and there was just me there. Others have fixed dates.

This is from Hills Shire website but it doesn't have any future dates other than 12th November this year.

http://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Citiz...eremonies.html

I'd give them a ring. They don't bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.