Citizenship Application

Old Nov 26th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Citizenship Application

Originally Posted by commonwealth

I stand corrected.

Is a Masters degree covered by HECS? I might be interested...
yes
Old Nov 26th 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

polyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant future

I stand corrected.

Is a Masters degree covered by HECS? I might be interested...
It depends.
Only some providers offer Commonwealth supported places at the postgraduate level. Most postgraduate courses at universities are offered as fee paying, but you will need to check with your provider to see if it offers Commonwealth supported place for the postgraduate course you intend to study.
But I know that Master of Professional Engineering at UWA is.

Last edited by polyama; Nov 26th 2012 at 11:23 am.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

polyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by polyama
or get a 20% discount when paying upfront
Correction: now its 10% discount
*From 1 January 2012, the Australian Government has lowered the
HECS-HELP discount from 20% to 10% for up-front student contribution payments of $500 or more.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:07 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

It depends.

But I know that Master of Professional Engineering at UWA is.
a commonwealth-funded one is different from a hecs-eligible one. from what i understand.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

a commonwealth-funded one is different from a hecs-eligible one. from what i understand.
This is one of the requirements
To be eligible for a HECS-HELP loan, you must:

be studying in a Commonwealth supported place;
be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder;
enrol with a provider in each unit, by the census date;
read the Information for Commonwealth supported students and HECS-HELP booklet; and
submit a valid Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form by the census date (or earlier administrative date) to your provider.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:16 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

and what about fee help
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:34 am
Just Joined

koosh_us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any recently applied for citizenship at the hills shire nsw

Originally Posted by Sydneyj
we got approved in mid september 2012 and haven't yet got the ceremony invitation. Called the immigration yesterday and same story of 3 - 6 months..

called the Hill shire council as well, they said we just conduct ceremony based on the information(application) send from citizenship office and informed that they have just finished the November ceremony. SO i asked whether the January invitation and ceremony is all confirmed and booked. Council replied that they haven't got the application list yet from Citizenship office for Jan 2013 and most probably will be getting in first week of december 2012 and then only either us or citizenship office will be sending out the invitation to the relevant people.

We did not get any information of how long is the waiting list, hope we get invitation in december.
Hi - hope you get your invite soon - can you post once you have received it..
and if i haven't got it around the same time ..i will know am not in for jan
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

and what about fee help
how does it differ from hecs help?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:46 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

how does it differ from hecs help?
HECS-HELP is for students in commonwealth supported places and FEE-HELP is for those eligible for domestic fees who aren't in commonwealth supported places.

What is the difference between
FEE-HELP and HECS-HELP?
HECS-HELP is a loan (or discount for up-front payments)
for eligible Commonwealth supported students
studying at public universities (and some approved private
higher education providers). Commonwealth supported
students study in Commonwealth supported places
which are subsidised by the Government so that students
only pay a student contribution for their units of study.
Most undergraduate students study in Commonwealth
supported places. For more information about
Commonwealth supported places and/or HECS-HELP,
refer to the ‘Thinking about uni?’ brochure or visit
www.goingtouni.gov.au.
FEE-HELP is a loan for eligible domestic fee paying
students. These places are not subsidised by the
Government and tuition fees are set by the approved
providers. FEE-HELP is available at both public
universities and approved FEE-HELP providers.
A loan fee of 25% is applied to FEE-HELP loans for
undergraduate courses of study.
FEE-HELP

VET FEE-HELP is for students doing vocational training at diploma level and above.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Sydneyj is an unknown quantity at this point

we are not part of Jan Invitation, we got the citizenship approved in Sep 19
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:20 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I lodged online today! It will happen when it happens. I aint stressing. I can cope with one last visit to the long queue at the airport and I'm not sure I would vote for any of these muppets anyway - doesnt make much difference other than that really does it?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Sydneyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koosh_us
Hi - hope you get your invite soon - can you post once you have received it..
and if i haven't got it around the same time ..i will know am not in for jan
Checked with council, We are not part of Jan Invitation. Hoping its March or May
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:19 am
Just Joined

koosh_us is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sydneyj
Checked with council, We are not part of Jan Invitation. Hoping its March or May
sydneyj - did you receive the invite for march ..i called the council said they had no update
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I'm trying to complete my online app for citizenship but am unable to download the form for,the police check. Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if I can get the form somewhere else? I really need to get this uploaded soon

Thanks x
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:42 pm
Daffyd Duck

maybe you need to update your adobe pdf reader software.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/pdf/npcs-consent-form.pdf

if u cant open by clicking, right click and save as file then open again as a file.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.