Citizenship application

Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

chillmax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application

Hi everyone,

I just applied for citizenship online on the 10th of January in Sydney and haven't heard anything from them yet for interview. How long does it usually take to get anything back from them? also anyone else who applied around the same time?

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

cmd_syd2089 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship application

I received my interview letter 5 days after I applied online, so I imagine you should expect something soon. DIAC tell you the whole process can take up to 6 months, which in my case is pretty accurate; I applied for citizenship on 10th Sept (City of Sydney Council) and have only just received confirmation of my ceremony date (10th Feb).
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cmd_syd2089
I received my interview letter 5 days after I applied online, so I imagine you should expect something soon. DIAC tell you the whole process can take up to 6 months, which in my case is pretty accurate; I applied for citizenship on 10th Sept (City of Sydney Council) and have only just received confirmation of my ceremony date (10th Feb).
Was that in an email or by post? I did mention email in my options for correspondence.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chillmax
Was that in an email or by post? I did mention email in my options for correspondence.
By post. You should too as you will need to present the letter at the interview along with your supporting documents.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

By post. You should too as you will need to present the letter at the interview along with your supporting documents.
Oh great, thanks for reply.

Also did you see any change in status online when you received the initial letter?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chillmax
Oh great, thanks for reply.

Also did you see any change in status online when you received the initial letter?
After the intial 'Application / Fee Received' status, I don't believe there were any further online updates until after the interview stage when the status changed to 'Further Processing' (i.e. for the police checks etc.)
Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:10 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Must depend where you are. We applied by post on 14th November, had interview/test on 9th December and have our citizenship ceremony on 26th January, so just over 2 months start to finish. We are in Yeppoon and our app was processed by DIAC Cairns.