Citizenship

Old Oct 27th 2016, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship

Hi all, I have PR and I am eligible to apply for citizenship, it seems much easier than applying for PR which is a good thing. Is the citizenship test hard / how much revision do people do? I have downloaded the common bond book. Anyway I am just looking at getting my documents together and it seems pretty straight forward, the only issue is that I don't know anyone on the approved list who has known me for over 12 months, what do I do?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship

It isn't hard but you will need to study. There are readily available online tests, I wiuld read the booklet and keep reading until you can get close to 100% on the tests.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It isn't hard but you will need to study. There are readily available online tests, I wiuld read the booklet and keep reading until you can get close to 100% on the tests.
When you say tests are there practice tests?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
When you say tests are there practice tests?
Just goggle 'practice citizenship tests'
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Just tried it out and I'm not doing too bad. Does anyone know what I can do regarding identity declaration? I can't think of anyone who I have known for more than 12 months who is on the list and who is an Aussie.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
Just tried it out and I'm not doing too bad. Does anyone know what I can do regarding identity declaration? I can't think of anyone who I have known for more than 12 months who is on the list and who is an Aussie.
That is a pretty extensive list, never come across anyone that didn't know somebody on the list. What about colleagues? Could you ask someone in the finance department?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That is a pretty extensive list, never come across anyone that didn't know somebody on the list. What about colleagues? Could you ask someone in the finance department?
Ask around and ask the HR dept at work if they know of any JPs in the company - they seem to be far more prevalent here than back home and you may well find you know one

Failing that, JAJ used to advise that any JP can sign because they just need to verify your identity from the documents they have in front of them. If you match the photo on your passport etc then they can sign it.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Or anyone in your social circle who happens to be on there. We went with the dad of one of my daughter's school friends.

The citizenship test is really pretty straightforward. I was getting 20/20 on the practice ones before reading the booklet. The section they test you on is quite limited. If people were responsible for knowing everything in the document, it would be a lot trickier.

Last edited by Japonica; Oct 28th 2016 at 2:16 am.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

I've moved around a lot, I'm single so I wanted to explore as many places as I could, in the past few years in Australia I've lived in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Wagga Wagga and now Sydney all for different companies, the only thing I can think of is someone I used to work with, even though we haven't kept in touch they knew me over 12 months ago. I'm sure there are many people who must have been in the same situation.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:53 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so go back to basics, people you knew few years ago when living in different cities that you may still be in contact with through facebook etc. failing that, local JP