citizen question re police checks

Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default citizen question re police checks

Hi All..couple of quickies re above...(appols if they get asked all the time but i couldnt see any threads...and i just wanna check)

Do I have gotta get a police check done from the uk for the Citizenship application :-

-As im oz...do i put my oz addy in or a uk addy? Or would it be best to get it sent to in laws in uk and then sent over here?
- Anyone got any experience on the turnaround?
also
...what if (hyperthetically) i have trouble finding someone has known me for 2 yrs - Cant you just get a certified likeness?...

And
As for the online citzen application...do you scan the fotos/documents in and just load them up?...

I think thats it for now...but let me know if i forgot sommit

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizen question re police checks

Did you read the information at http://www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Yup..i did read it...but i sometimes read things tooo quickly and miss bits so i just thought id check with peeps on here. Sort of hoped that if comeone had done it recently they would say...too easy mate do a b c and she'll be right...but obviously not...no dramas.

I spoke to the police people this evening who were pretty helpful..apparently the new system (clearence thing) has been up for 3 years?..and the 70 quid includes return post to oz...so you dont have to work out how much it will weight..which is a relief as i was worried that they might reject it cos i got the postage wrong or something.

so..picking up on another point...if you apply for citizenship online...i presume u get certified copies done and load them up?

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Yup..i did read it...but i sometimes read things tooo quickly and miss bits so i just thought id check with peeps on here. Sort of hoped that if comeone had done it recently they would say...too easy mate do a b c and she'll be right...but obviously not...no dramas.

I spoke to the police people this evening who were pretty helpful..apparently the new system (clearence thing) has been up for 3 years?..and the 70 quid includes return post to oz...so you dont have to work out how much it will weight..which is a relief as i was worried that they might reject it cos i got the postage wrong or something.

so..picking up on another point...if you apply for citizenship online...i presume u get certified copies done and load them up?

Cheers
No, you just fill in the form. They will contact you with an appointment date and you take the paperwork with you.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi All..couple of quickies re above...(appols if they get asked all the time but i couldnt see any threads...and i just wanna check)

Do I have gotta get a police check done from the uk for the Citizenship application :-

-As im oz...do i put my oz addy in or a uk addy? Or would it be best to get it sent to in laws in uk and then sent over here?
- Anyone got any experience on the turnaround?
also
...what if (hyperthetically) i have trouble finding someone has known me for 2 yrs - Cant you just get a certified likeness?...

And
As for the online citzen application...do you scan the fotos/documents in and just load them up?...

I think thats it for now...but let me know if i forgot sommit

Cheers
You only need to get another PCC if you spent 12 months or more in the UK after you received your visa. For example, I got my visa October 04 but we didn't move over until October 05 so I had to get another PCC for citizenship.

If you're applying for Australian Citizenship and you live in Australia then you must use your Australian Address. I actually don't quite understand the UK address or in-laws bit but that could be just me.

If you're applying now then you have to have been here four years so I would assume you know someone who has known you for two years or more so it shouldn't be a problem. Used to be a big problem when it was two years to get citizenship. However if, say, you've moved about and don't know someone then you can use a JP (local shopping centre) providing you take all the information to prove you are who you say you are.

As for length of time it takes, to be honest depending on where you live it could take a month to a year. Impossible to tell.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks everyone :-)

will just make the 2years by the end of the month so i just scrap in before the 4 year thing kicks in...of course subject to being proceesed i guess..(i called immi and i think they said i could apply 8th of May)

will keep you updated as it goes..

cheers and thanks for the help

anyway...better zip for work

C