Wikiposts

Chrones Disease

Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Chrones Disease

Hi All,
Just going through vetassess at the moment and looking to come over on a 176 visa. Really worried though as my wife has chrones dieease, will this fail her medical. I will be the one getting the visa as an electrician will this help. Is there anyone who has chrones who has passed there medicals and can advise what details we need to get together and how much the drugs cost as she is on full time medication with azathioprine. She has not had a flare up for three years now though.

Any help and info would be really appreciated.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chrones Disease

Originally Posted by minty01
Hi All,
Just going through vetassess at the moment and looking to come over on a 176 visa. Really worried though as my wife has chrones dieease, will this fail her medical. I will be the one getting the visa as an electrician will this help. Is there anyone who has chrones who has passed there medicals and can advise what details we need to get together and how much the drugs cost as she is on full time medication with azathioprine. She has not had a flare up for three years now though.

Nobody can say whether or not she will fail a medical. Keep in mind, though, if she fails then everyone on the application fails.

You might be best to speak to a migration agent who is experienced with medical conditions. Peter Bollard and George Lombard are two who come highly recommended by others on here.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:29 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minty01
Hi All,

Hi Minty,

It's Crohn's disease and yes we could probably help achieve some clarity for you.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Ive sent you a PM george.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

bump
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

TLCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Minty,
I've got crohns and have my medical on tuesday.
If you go to the Medicare australia site it gives you the PBS list (basically how much drugs will be), i've looked briefly and Aza looks to be bit cheaper than UK prescriptions.
Has your wife got her medical booked yet?
Good luck to you both.

Tam
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Nailed it is an unknown quantity at this point

Minty

I'd be keen to hear what the Migration Agent said to you about Chrons as my brother has it and wants to move to Oz, but he's worried it may reduce his chances!?