Childcare Group Leader and immi 17/058

Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Charz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare Group Leader and immi 17/058

Hi - advice welcomed please

I am currently going through lots of (hopeful) options for a long term visa pathway in Aus.

My partner works in child care (temp in WA) and is looking to qualify for a diploma (her employers have said if she does so she can be sponsored by one of their branches in regional Australia (assuming they mean 187 regional employer sponsorship)

Now, I’ve googled this occupation and I’m confused as to whether it is on the relevant list

I believe the relevant list is here:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00847/d9ca9af1-b9b3-4dbb-9af6-729efe339612

Perhaps the employers are wrong and steering us down the wrong path but my research shows some confusing instances about this occupation in particular with it vanishing from the list and wether it is actually still applicable (see link below)

Many thanks

https://www.*************/topic/174332-rsms-187-visa-childcare-group-leader-removed/
Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childcare Group Leader and immi 17/058

The skilled occupation lists are here http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

Note, she would need to pass a skills assessment and you should look up what this requires as i suspect it may require a degree.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
The skilled occupation lists are here Lists of eligible skilled occupations

Note, she would need to pass a skills assessment and you should look up what this requires as i suspect it may require a degree.
Thanks for the reply

The 187 visa is an employer sponsored visa for regional Australia (therefore the list is displayed under the instrument I gave the link for)

I know for the fact this occupation is not on the two usual lists but it was on this instrument list once upon a time.

By the lack of replies it looks like I might be out of luck!!
Old Nov 26th 2017, 11:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charz
Thanks for the reply

The 187 visa is an employer sponsored visa for regional Australia (therefore the list is displayed under the instrument I gave the link for)

I know for the fact this occupation is not on the two usual lists but it was on this instrument list once upon a time.

By the lack of replies it looks like I might be out of luck!!
The link verystormy gave you is the latest one. If you scroll down you'll be able to see the 187 along with a couple of other visa classes, clicking this link gives you access to specific information regarding the Regional Sponsored 187, including the instrument I think you're talking about. You'll note that this instrument only applies to citizens of New Zealand.

The only child care qualifying occupation I can see on the list is Child Care Centre Manager, you'll need to check the skills and experience required to gain a successful skills application for this occupation.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The link verystormy gave you is the latest one. If you scroll down you'll be able to see the 187 along with a couple of other visa classes, clicking this link gives you access to specific information regarding the Regional Sponsored 187, including the instrument I think you're talking about. You'll note that this instrument only applies to citizens of New Zealand.

The only child care qualifying occupation I can see on the list is Child Care Centre Manager, you'll need to check the skills and experience required to gain a successful skills application for this occupation.
Thanks

Are you referring to this in the link below n regards to NZ?

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2015L01148

If so, I hadn’t seen this, it’s quite complicated to understand but I can see the NZ reference there.

Just don’t understand why employers can be offering this, unless it’s via some other visa, or they are just plain wrong!