Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

samsuchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Hi

How about the time line for the child visa 101?
What are the differences of Medicare , other child facilities & tax benefits comparing with the child with a visa 175/176?

Appreciate your valuable input
Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101)

All PR visa holders get the same treatment. As for timelines, we're not a timeline site and it's the 'length of the piece of string' question. Could be a few weeks, could be a few months. No way of knowing.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:26 am
Just Joined

samsuchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101)

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
All PR visa holders get the same treatment. As for timelines, we're not a timeline site and it's the 'length of the piece of string' question. Could be a few weeks, could be a few months. No way of knowing.
Thanks a lot moneypenny20
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:31 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Question Child Visa Query

I've searched and read as much as I can, but I thought I'd ask a few questions to try and fill in the blanks:

In a nutshell I'm a UK citizen with Australian permanent residency, but I'm still living in the UK.

Short timeline: Decided to move late 2007, ACS granted Feb 2008, 176 applied May 2008, 176 granted Dec 2008, Validated August 2009.

For various reasons, we put off making the move, which we delayed even further while we waited for our new daughter to put in an appearance (Dec 2010).

Now we're starting to think about things again, and the obvious issue is getting an equivalent visa for our new daughter. After a bit of research (and swearing at the cost) I've worked out that we need a 101 Child visa.

Have I got it right?

Does anyone have an idea of how long a 101 visa takes?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Child Visa Query

Originally Posted by schwuk
I've searched and read as much as I can, but I thought I'd ask a few questions to try and fill in the blanks:

In a nutshell I'm a UK citizen with Australian permanent residency, but I'm still living in the UK.

Short timeline: Decided to move late 2007, ACS granted Feb 2008, 176 applied May 2008, 176 granted Dec 2008, Validated August 2009.

For various reasons, we put off making the move, which we delayed even further while we waited for our new daughter to put in an appearance (Dec 2010).

Now we're starting to think about things again, and the obvious issue is getting an equivalent visa for our new daughter. After a bit of research (and swearing at the cost) I've worked out that we need a 101 Child visa.

Have I got it right?

Does anyone have an idea of how long a 101 visa takes?
You have it right and they're taking 7-8 months my CO has just told me. Who knows why unless they are artifically slowing them because ther eis hardley loads of characther checking to do on a baby!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Burt69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Hi,
Quick summary, we already have our PR visas for Australia but for the past couple of years we have been living in Canada because of my wifes job. We had a baby last year and he holds a Canadian passport. Due to possible redundancies at my wifes work we were thinking of finally making the move to Australia so were going to apply for a subclass 101 child visa. Is it possible to apply for this offshore but make the move over to Australia before its been processed?

Also for question 13 in section F of the 40ch application form, do you have to supply a statutory declaration if we are married?

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:12 am
Just Joined

sturdyvel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Baby Offshore born for PR parents- Processing Time

Hi All,

I'm expecting my baby in a month and going to be born in HR country (IND). Would like to know the recent processing times for 101 child visa category for similar situations anybody has gone through.

Would appreciate any info on recent timelines.

Is there any police checks or medicals requested for the new born baby?

Thank in advance
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Baby Offshore born for PR parents- Processing Time

Originally Posted by sturdyvel
Hi All,

I'm expecting my baby in a month and going to be born in HR country (IND). Would like to know the recent processing times for 101 child visa category for similar situations anybody has gone through.

Would appreciate any info on recent timelines.

Is there any police checks or medicals requested for the new born baby?

Thank in advance
Yes the baby will need a medical. Police checks are only for over 16s - what would be the point of checking if a new born baby had a police record?

As for a timeline - depends on thousands of factors, no-one can predict it; please don't ask as a refusal often offends.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Police checks are only for over 16s - what would be the point of checking if a new born baby had a police record?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

SquashAddict is on a distinguished road

A baby born to Australian permanent resident isn't an Australian citizen by birth?

EDIT: Alright if born in Australia only then can be a citizen by birth!

Last edited by SquashAddict; Jan 4th 2012 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long is Child Visa 101 taking to be granted?

I have heard 8 months to a year!!!
We have been stuck in the UK due to the house price crash and our house hasn't sold (we are depending on the sale of the house as hubby doesn't want to rent it out - he wants it sold so we can get to Oz without financial ties to the UK)

Anyway, we have since had a baby and need to get him a visa so we can all go before our visas expire next year.

Thanks for any help and any advice on getting the Child Visa. We're all UK citizens and it's just a straightforward application. Just need to get his passport so we can start the application.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long is Child Visa 101 taking to be granted?

What is wrong with the information you already have? Why do you not believe it?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:28 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
I have heard 8 months to a year!!!
We have been stuck in the UK due to the house price crash and our house hasn't sold (we are depending on the sale of the house as hubby doesn't want to rent it out - he wants it sold so we can get to Oz without financial ties to the UK)

Anyway, we have since had a baby and need to get him a visa so we can all go before our visas expire next year.

Thanks for any help and any advice on getting the Child Visa. We're all UK citizens and it's just a straightforward application. Just need to get his passport so we can start the application.
It depends on whether you're inside Australia or outside Australia at the time of application, and whether you're from a high risk or low risk country.

Lodged in Australia - LR - 7 months, HR - 8 months.
Lodged outside of Australia - LR - 3 months, HR - 14 months.

You can find the times here.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
It depends on whether you're inside Australia or outside Australia at the time of application, and whether you're from a high risk or low risk country.

Lodged in Australia - LR - 7 months, HR - 8 months.
Lodged outside of Australia - LR - 3 months, HR - 14 months.

You can find the times here.

Hope that helps.

Just had a 101 visa granted for my daughter, took seven and half months and was lodged in London. The client charter times are certainly way out for this visa type.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
We have been stuck in the UK due to the house price crash and our house hasn't sold
Meaning you may have the house overpriced - it's only worth what a buyer will pay, not what the seller might want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.