Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:03 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child Visa and Medical

Applying for child visa for stepson who is in UK - all paperwork now sorted and application about to be made. Would like to try and get visa approved before August this year. He had a medical when we got our visa, but in my reading of the visa process, I think he will need another one - he is just about to turn 15.
Is it best to get this done now before it is asked for, or should we just wait?
Many thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:38 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child Visa Application

Thought I would just post that we sent off our application and sponsorship for a child visa yesterday to London. We are hopeful that we will get a positive outcome before August to allow my OH's son to come over at that point once this school year finishes.

He had a medical when we got our visas initially so not sure whether he is going to need another one, but am assuming he will.

Will update progress for anyone looking for some current information on how London are going with these visas, accepting that every application is different

Scotty
Old Jan 30th 2013, 1:29 am
Bright in Orange

Default Re: Child Visa Application

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Thought I would just post that we sent off our application and sponsorship for a child visa yesterday to London. We are hopeful that we will get a positive outcome before August to allow my OH's son to come over at that point once this school year finishes.

He had a medical when we got our visas initially so not sure whether he is going to need another one, but am assuming he will.

Will update progress for anyone looking for some current information on how London are going with these visas, accepting that every application is different

Scotty
Application received and credit card charged yesterday. We are really hoping we can get this through by August so fingers crossed.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Application received and credit card charged yesterday. We are really hoping we can get this through by August so fingers crossed.
Fingers croosed for you and family. How old is the child and were they on the inital application? But then changed their mind?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:20 am
Bright in Orange

He is 15 and was a non migrating dependent on the initial application, but his mother has now consented to him coming here.
We are busy trying to sort school places etc for him and as the application is in she can't now change her mind about consenting to the visa!
We have delayed our citizenship application so that he can be included on it and just hope it all works out
Thanks for your kind wishes
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

He is 15 and was a non migrating dependent on the initial application, but his mother has now consented to him coming here.
We are busy trying to sort school places etc for him and as the application is in she can't now change her mind about consenting to the visa!
We have delayed our citizenship application so that he can be included on it and just hope it all works out
Thanks for your kind wishes
Wonderful news all round - good for you.

My situation was a little similar - daughter then 14 was on original application - then changed her mind. name taken off and now she wants to come - 8 and half years later tho - so this will be much harder.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Default subclass 101 child visa

I would welcome any help with this subclass as I have done a little reading but still have a few questions.

My daughter fits the age criteria - although she isn't in full time or part time education. She was for a while but due to her health issues she had to give up her studies. At present she lives on disability living allowance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:52 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: subclass 101 child visa

Originally Posted by sasbear
I would welcome any help with this subclass as I have done a little reading but still have a few questions.

My daughter fits the age criteria - although she isn't in full time or part time education. She was for a while but due to her health issues she had to give up her studies. At present she lives on disability living allowance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Merged with existing thread.

Have a read through this thread, you may find some helpful information.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: subclass 101 child visa

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Merged with existing thread.

Have a read through this thread, you may find some helpful information.
Thanks so much - will do.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:51 am
Bright in Orange

Just to update people, today we had an email from case officer acknowledging receipt of application and giving us a reference number.

Also requesting we get a medical done, so for anyone wondering, even if they had a medical when you first moved over they will need another one.

Case officer advises at least 7 to 8 months to process London application

Will update when I know anything more

Scotty
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Scotty. Hope things progress quickly x
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Just to update people, today we had an email from case officer acknowledging receipt of application and giving us a reference number.

Also requesting we get a medical done, so for anyone wondering, even if they had a medical when you first moved over they will need another one.

Case officer advises at least 7 to 8 months to process London application

Will update when I know anything more

Scotty
Good luck Scotty1
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default Child Migration Visa

Hi,

I have read a few post on BE and other sites and see the approx timescale for CMV 101 is about 8 months, some as low as 3 months if your LR and applying in the UK.

My question I have is regarding a potential scenario I may find myself in and I am looking for some information from anyone with experiences in this.

If me, my husband and child gain PR via 190 visa.......but we have another child before the 190 is granted, we would then have to apply for a CMV 101 but the issues I may face is that if we had to activate our PR via the 190 visa before the CMV101 was granted would our new child be able to come with us on a holiday visa while we activate our PR, we would all have return tickets too the UK?

Another issue is if we activated our PR via 190 visa, and then we had our 2nd child while back in the UK after activation and applied for their CMV101 does that visa also require an activation? If so I would hold off applying for the CMV101 until we know the date for our permeant move and apply maybe 14 months before.

Thanks, please let me know if you need any other info
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default Re: Child Migration Visa

I've found one answer too my post below, so the 101 visa does have an initial Entry to Australia after it is granted, same as every other migration visa

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118637

So what I need to know now is what happens if me, my husband and child go to activate our PR via 190 visa, but we now have a new born when we do this, who was born after medicals and 190 visa was granted....would I simply be able to take the new born on a vistor visa with a return ticket (we would all have return tickets as this would just be activation), then apply for their child visa at a later date when we returned to the Uk.

​I hope that makes sense

Last edited by samb29; Apr 24th 2013 at 9:50 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Migration Visa

If you have a new baby before the 190 is granted then you would add the baby onto the application and you all get the visa at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.