Child visa - Help

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:59 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Child visa - Help

We have now been living here 5 years. My stepdaughter who is 19 wants to come and live out here. She was only 14 when we immigrated. She is currently on holiday here at the moment.

She was entered on our original visa form as name only.

We have filled out form subclass 101 child immigration form.

I have the following questions

1/ She returns back to the UK on 18 Oct – Can we start the process here online before goes?

2/ Does her father need to complete form 40?

3/ On one of the question is asking about her finances. She doesn’t have any money, cos we are going to support her until she starts working here.

4/ If we start the process from here, is she able to return back to Australia while her visa is getting processed here in Australia or UK . I’m concerned that if we have a one way flight back for her, they might not let her in.

5/ She and her father need to complete Police checks, if so can they be done from here? What about her medical?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 3:25 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child visa - Help

Originally Posted by julie hilton
We have now been living here 5 years. My stepdaughter who is 19 wants to come and live out here. She was only 14 when we immigrated. She is currently on holiday here at the moment.

She was entered on our original visa form as name only.

We have filled out form subclass 101 child immigration form.

I have the following questions

1/ She returns back to the UK on 18 Oct – Can we start the process here online before goes?

2/ Does her father need to complete form 40?

3/ On one of the question is asking about her finances. She doesn’t have any money, cos we are going to support her until she starts working here.

4/ If we start the process from here, is she able to return back to Australia while her visa is getting processed here in Australia or UK . I’m concerned that if we have a one way flight back for her, they might not let her in.

5/ She and her father need to complete Police checks, if so can they be done from here? What about her medical?

Your help would be much appreciated.
We are just about to apply for a child visa too and I am not expert in this but my understanding is
1. If she is returning to the uk the visa application needs to be lodged in uk
2. Yes
3. She needs to still be dependent on you as she is over 18, so not having money is good! Is she in full time education still?
4. She can come back on a tourist visa if she is visiting and her 101 visa has not been granted yet. However she can't come back to live permanently without a valid visa
5. You can apply for police checks from here and from uk - its just a bit of a faff!
The key thing is whether she qualifies for a child visa as she is over 19. If this is in any way not clear cut, ie she is not still in education, I would suggest the assistance of a good agent before she flies back to the uk.

Good luck
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean he was mentioned as name only? Did she do medicals?

Is she in full time education and has she been since she turned 18? Do you provide financial support to her now?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:34 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you guys for your help.

All sorted. Finally got through to immigration and the process is straight forward.

Thanks again
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Beware advice given on the DIAC phone line, they can and do give out incorrect information.