Wikiposts

Child PR Visa (47CH??)

Old Jun 8th 2002, 3:20 am
Marise

Default Child PR Visa (47CH??)

Hello there! This is really a super group and I used to lurk often when I was in that
'nailbiting application with DIMA phase'. Thankfully we have passed that round having
got our PR visas nearly a year ago. We applied under the General Skilled Category and
have already validated our visa's. Anyways, would really appreciate some further
assistance on our query regarding applying for a PR visa for my 3-month old son. We
currently reside in Dubai and are stumbling with the procedures to apply for our
son's PR visa. Can we lodge the application in Dubai? What does 'evidence that the
sponsor has the legal right to determine where the child lives' mean? Can my husband
just sign a letter saying that he is the father/sponsor and we intend that our son
live with us in Australia?? Does this letter have to be certified?? I probably should
really call the Australian Embassy in Dubai to find out the details but thought some
of you guys may have prior experience! Cheers Marise

Old Jun 8th 2002, 11:20 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Child PR Visa (47CH??)

Hi Marise,

>I probably should really call the Australian Embassy in Dubai to find out
    >the details

Correct. The bottom line is that the procedure involves form 47CH and the visa
application fee. You will need to call Dubai to find out how many shekels or dinars
you need to pay in local currency. They will also give an indication of the local
processing culture, timeframes etc.

As you and your husband are the parents there is no difficulty about accepting that
you have the power to determine where the child should go, so the form is really what
my American friends would call a "no-brainer".

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au