British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Child Migration 47CH and 40CH (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/child-migration-47ch-40ch-431134/)

Mitchells Feb 28th 2007 11:24 am

Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
I'm trying to fill out form 40CH regarding a visa for our daughter. :eek:
I'm having trouble with Part F about Custody and Guardianship, it asks if we have sole legal rights and if yes to attach a certified copy of court order.
We don't have this as she is the daughter of both of us, confused :confused: cos I am.
Please if anyone has filled these in could they help. :D

Thanks Confused Clare

JAJ Feb 28th 2007 11:27 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by Mitchells (Post 4464775)
I'm trying to fill out form 40CH regarding a visa for our daughter. :eek:
I'm having trouble with Part F about Custody and Guardianship, it asks if we have sole legal rights and if yes to attach a certified copy of court order.
We don't have this as she is the daughter of both of us,

You don't need this if both legal parents sign the sponsorship form. Often forms are badly designed.

Mitchells Feb 28th 2007 11:35 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
Thanks for the quick response, so I just tick the box to say Yes we have sole legal rights. There isn't space for both to sign so should I attach something or just sign underneath.

chris n Mar 15th 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
In the same position - have you got the visa for your child yet?

I'm just filling in the forms and am struggling to fill in Q19 on 40CH. We are still in the UK - how do I prove residence in Australia? We validated our visas two years ago.

Chris

RooksieJ Mar 15th 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
Same here :confused: Im wondering if the questions relating to residency and employment etc are geared towards people who are actually resident and working in Oz, and not towards us lot in UK?? Makes no sense to me otherwise :o

Mitchells Mar 15th 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by chris n (Post 4521689)
In the same position - have you got the visa for your child yet?

I'm just filling in the forms and am struggling to fill in Q19 on 40CH. We are still in the UK - how do I prove residence in Australia? We validated our visas two years ago.

Chris


It was really quick, Medicals done last Tuesday and sent straight to London, our application was sent in on Friday and we got an email yesterday (Wednesday) saying that the visa has been granted.

With the question about sponsorship obligations Q19, I just typed a quick letter stated that we will be carrying these out by moving to OZ later this August.

Clare

RooksieJ Mar 15th 2007 8:09 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by Mitchells (Post 4522606)
It was really quick, Medicals done last Tuesday and sent straight to London, our application was sent in on Friday and we got an email yesterday (Wednesday) saying that the visa has been granted.

With the question about sponsorship obligations Q19, I just typed a quick letter stated that we will be carrying these out by moving to OZ later this August.

Clare

Hi - did you wait for your meds to be requested?

JAJ Mar 16th 2007 12:09 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by chris n (Post 4521689)
I'm just filling in the forms and am struggling to fill in Q19 on 40CH. We are still in the UK - how do I prove residence in Australia? We validated our visas two years ago.

For a child visa, sponsor does not need to be "usually resident" in Australia.

If you want help on a specific question, then you might want to repeat what it says as we don't all have the forms in front of us.

Mitchells Mar 16th 2007 6:52 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4522718)
Hi - did you wait for your meds to be requested?

No we didn't, the Medical was done 3days before we even sent the application in. The doctors have to send the medical straight to Australia House so it reach them before the application.
On Wednesday I got an email at 9am requesting the Meds then another email at 4pm saying that the visa was granted, they had obviously located the Meds by then.

Clare x

RooksieJ Mar 16th 2007 9:39 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by Mitchells (Post 4524302)
No we didn't, the Medical was done 3days before we even sent the application in. The doctors have to send the medical straight to Australia House so it reach them before the application.
On Wednesday I got an email at 9am requesting the Meds then another email at 4pm saying that the visa was granted, they had obviously located the Meds by then.

Clare x

QUICK!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

chris n Apr 24th 2007 7:15 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
Quick update.

Had our daughter's medical on the 14/4, sent off her application on 18/4 (with a covering letter giving more information on why we are still in the UK and why she cannot speak English - well she isn't yet four months old!) and today had an email saying her visa had been granted. Nearly missed the email - it was sent to her email account not mine!

Estate agent round today - so here we go, again.

Chris

JAJ Apr 25th 2007 1:10 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by chris n (Post 4691988)
Quick update.

Had our daughter's medical on the 14/4, sent off her application on 18/4 (with a covering letter giving more information on why we are still in the UK and why she cannot speak English - well she isn't yet four months old!) and today had an email saying her visa had been granted. Nearly missed the email - it was sent to her email account not mine!

You shouldn't have been asked to explain either of these issues (not part of visa requirements) but not to worry if the visa has now been granted.

RooksieJ Apr 25th 2007 8:12 am

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 4693374)
You shouldn't have been asked to explain either of these issues (not part of visa requirements) but not to worry if the visa has now been granted.

we were not asked to explain those issues - i think i would have laughed if we were asked to explain why our 4 month old could not speak english :lol:

chris n Apr 25th 2007 6:22 pm

Re: Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4694132)
we were not asked to explain those issues - i think i would have laughed if we were asked to explain why our 4 month old could not speak english :lol:

Sorry - that was me being sarcastic. We only included the letter to explain why we were not in Australia and why I had ticked 'none' to her command of the English language. Forms were simple to fill in and the visa was granted quickly.

HPOP Jul 22nd 2007 7:47 am

Child Migration 47CH and 40CH
 
Hello all,
I am PR for 1 year and 10 months and plan to have my natural child in Australia on a child VISA.

Question 26 in the 40CH says:
"Have you been in paid employment at any time in the past 2 years?".

If I answer to this question with NO, is the VISA for my child refused? What are the consequences of answering NO to this question.

Thank you.
Horea.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:36 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.