Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Originally Posted by Alyonk@
Hi Pollyana,

Thank you very much for your response.

Could you please clarify if there any other types of health check that infants are allowed to skip.

Thank you.
Not having ever been involved with an infant medical, sorry, don't know what is done. I know it is an abbreviated medical compared to the full adult one. Xrays aren't usually required from children under 16.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 3:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No HIV test either.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Alyonk@ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No HIV test either.
Thank you very much BIP.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

I uploaded child's birth certificate and now I'm in the process of getting child passport for my newborn baby. After I upload child passport is there anything else I should upload for my case? I mean documents only.

Thank you.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 5:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You should add your child as a dependent applicant via your ImmiAccount. As mentioned there's no additional fee to pay.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

You should add your child as a dependent applicant via your ImmiAccount. As mentioned there's no additional fee to pay.
Hi BritInParis,

Thank you for your reply. How do I add my son as a dependent applicant in my ImmiAccount? Should I fill and upload any form?

Thank you.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:21 pm

Hi BritInParis,

Thank you for your reply. How do I add my son as a dependent applicant in my ImmiAccount? Should I fill and upload any form?

Thank you.
You don't need to upload a form. There should be an option to add your son.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

I'm in my ImmiAccount at the moment and can't see any option to add my child as a dependant applicant.

I'd highly appreciate if you could walk me through it.

Thank you.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

I got this on official website.
Newborn children
If your child is born after you lodge your application (but before it is decided), you must tell us as soon as possible. You can do this as follows:
complete Form 1022: Notification of changes in circumstances (266KB PDF)
attach a certified copy of the birth certificate to the form
mail them to the office that is processing your application.
Outside Australia: If your child is born outside Australia and either parent is an Australian citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child might be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent.
I have already attached the certified copy of the child birth certificate. So, probably I should also fill 1022 form and notify my CO by e-mail.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Guys, I started to fill form 1022 and came across a couple of questions. I would be immensely grateful of you could clarify it. 1) Section "Your details" #12 - Client Number or File Number (if known). I checked my ImmiAccount and found only Reference Number. Is it what is asked me to provide? 2) Section "Details of changes" #14 List details of the information provided on your application which is no longer current and provide new information. As I understand I need to fill only "New correct details field". What kind of information I have to provided about my newborn baby? For now I have only his full name, birth certificate number and residential address. In 10 days I will have his child passport details as well. Is there anything else that must be added?

Thank you.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 9:15 am

I'm in my ImmiAccount at the moment and can't see any option to add my child as a dependant applicant.

I'd highly appreciate if you could walk me through it.

Thank you.
Click onto the application in your ImmiAccount. Look on the right hand side of the screen at the list of 'Related Links'. About half way down there's a link marked 'Change in Circumstances'. That should allow you to add your son as a dependent.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Click onto the application in your ImmiAccount. Look on the right hand side of the screen at the list of 'Related Links'. About half way down there's a link marked 'Change in Circumstances'. That should allow you to add your son as a dependent.
I tried to do that and when I clicked on Changes in Circumstances I got the form 1022 opened. It seems this is the way it works not.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 5:29 pm

I tried to do that and when I clicked on Changes in Circumstances I got the form 1022 opened. It seems this is the way it works not.
In that case just stick to Form 1022!