Child Benefit

Old Aug 31st 2002, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Child Benefit

If my child benefit is paid directly in to my bank account which will be left open with a small balance be fore we leave how long before anyone will know that we are no longer here?
Old Aug 31st 2002, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Benefit

Sue

I think that if you apply for the equivalent in Aus, they will be in contact with the Child Benefit people in UK.. that is how it worked when I was in Germany and vice versa..... but if you dont have to let them know then ....

Personally I have spoken the the Child Benefit people here and have cancelled mine, although unless my son starts school in Aus, I am not going to bother claiming it there.

Yvonne

14 days til we leave, 16 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by sue5665:
If my child benefit is paid directly in to my bank account which will be left open with a small balance be fore we leave how long before anyone will know that we are no longer here?
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Yvonne,
Bet you are getting nervous????
Sue
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Sue..

Was not trying to be judgemental.. honest.. just clean sheet in Aus and all.. nice to have a clean sheet to go back to if that is the route you take... cant help myself.. you know the saying.. what goes around comes around... well I cannot help but believe that with all my heart and poop miself at being dishonest lol

Sheeeeeeeeeesh 'ark at me!

Not nervous... not nothing.. but then something... hmmm work it out for yourself

Yvonne

11 days til we leave, 13 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by sue5665:
Thanks for that Yvonne,
Bet you are getting nervous????
Sue
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

now what you mean yvonne we thought about an insurance job, even had a nice broken bronze to use from a friend but then thought what if.. well you know how the rest goes.
and couldnt do it.
and ive never been the most honest boy on the block in the past. must be growing up i think ha ha
shaun xx
Old Sep 4th 2002, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

HAHAHHAHA cant help it, I even called CSA and told them the date I was leaving so that the maintenance I get is stopped... sucks being grown up huh?

Yvonne

10 days til we leave, 12 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
now what you mean yvonne we thought about an insurance job, even had a nice broken bronze to use from a friend but then thought what if.. well you know how the rest goes.
and couldnt do it.
and ive never been the most honest boy on the block in the past. must be growing up i think ha ha
shaun xx