Chest X-Rays?????????

Old May 14th 2010, 9:46 am
Just Joined

fancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nice
Default Chest X-Rays?????????

We have been told not to get Chest X-Rays until last min (we know they have an expiry date of 6 months!!) Just wondering how long after x-rays have been sent in does it take to get visa our visa granted...........just some idea????
Old May 14th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Chest X-Rays?????????

Think this should be in the visa's section.

How long is a piece of string?

There is no set time scale, but fyi, I had my xrays on the 24/10/08 I think, and my visa was granted 25/11/08.
Old May 14th 2010, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Think this should be in the visa's section.

How long is a piece of string?

There is no set time scale, but fyi, I had my xrays on the 24/10/08 I think, and my visa was granted 25/11/08.
I'll move it
Old May 14th 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

fancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll move it
Thanks Pollyana........ I'm not very good at this!

Last edited by fancy; May 14th 2010 at 10:21 am.
Old May 14th 2010, 10:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone has an idea they're lying Generally, unless there are health issues the meds are valid for one year but there is no way of knowing how much longer you would have to wait for a decision from DIAC. It varies on the visa, on the CO dealing with your case, with your application etc etc.

Be patient and try and get on with your life, pretend Australia doesn't exist (no I know, it's impossible but try). It's the only way to pretend you're in control of your own life.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If anyone has an idea they're lying Generally, unless there are health issues the meds are valid for one year but there is no way of knowing how much longer you would have to wait for a decision from DIAC. It varies on the visa, on the CO dealing with your case, with your application etc etc.

Be patient and try and get on with your life, pretend Australia doesn't exist (no I know, it's impossible but try). It's the only way to pretend you're in control of your own life.
I was only asking for a general idea!! And I am very much in control of my own life thanks............ We are planning to extend our family....................hence my concern about chest x-rays..............a no no while expecting! I certainly will not put my life on hold!
Old May 15th 2010, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fancy
I was only asking for a general idea!! And I am very much in control of my own life thanks............ We are planning to extend our family....................hence my concern about chest x-rays..............a no no while expecting! I certainly will not put my life on hold!
Unfortnately there isn't any such thing as a general idea. Moneypenny is right that most medicals and Xrays are valid for a year, but there are many factors that affect the timeline after you send them in. Some visas take longer to process than others because they require more verification of documents, for example. Also if there are an issues with the medicals or Xrays, even something that won't affect the visa,like one member having asthma, then the grant will be delayed while the medicals are signed off.
I have to agree with Moneypenny, anyone who says they can quote you a timelne is lying - or dreaming - as it can be anything from a few days to several months, I'm afraid.
Old May 16th 2010, 1:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fancy
Has the Immi Forum come to such a point that no one can see a lighthearted comment for what it is? For crying out loud, I am so over people getting arsey about a helpful bit of advice.

Many people get stressed about every aspect of the migration process - totally understandably but the general point is that they shouldn't because it doesn't help. I'm very pleased that you're not, however I obviously don't know you and I'm very sorry I suggested you might be and that you've been offended that anyone should imagine you are.
Old May 16th 2010, 4:34 pm
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice

Has the Immi Forum come to such a point that no one can see a lighthearted comment for what it is? For crying out loud, I am so over people getting arsey about a helpful bit of advice.

Many people get stressed about every aspect of the migration process - totally understandably but the general point is that they shouldn't because it doesn't help. I'm very pleased that you're not, however I obviously don't know you and I'm very sorry I suggested you might be and that you've been offended that anyone should imagine you are.
Hi moneypenny glad to see youve changed ("for the better,you must have a new fella or something!")only joking
Can I just say we sent our meds off in April08 then when April 09 passed aand nothing was mentioned by the diac we presumed it was ok as they were "processing".But in March this year they informed us they have expired
Old May 16th 2010, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

WTF????????????? hehehe!
Calm down!!! As I said it was just a general question that I threw out there! I only wanted to hear some people's experiences and opinions. Its my life outside "visa world" that Im planning and organising! Thank you for the info anyhow.