paraponte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chest x-rays

What they looking for
Got mine tomorrow
Do they tell you if there is a problem?

I guess if somthing was wrong I would have had symptons by now

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chest x-rays

Originally Posted by paraponte
What they looking for
Got mine tomorrow
Do they tell you if there is a problem?

I guess if somthing was wrong I would have had symptons by now

They are mainly looking for signs of TB.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:47 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

TB ... they're looking for any shadows on the lungs that shouldn't be there.

A good opportunity to check your health if you smoke!

I imagine if a doc saw a dark mass on the lobe of your lungs, they'd inform you that you'd need to see your doctor... It would certainly warrant further examination. You wouldn't be accepted if there was a problem perceived, until it had been ruled out.

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:02 pm
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

They are looking for tuberculosis scarring, heart monitors and valves that may have been replaced in hearts. They are looking for other scarring on lungs such as small cancers. These are a few examples.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

albag is an unknown quantity at this point

My other half broke 6 ribs last year and had a partially collapsed lung, which he had to have drained. Would this show up on the xray and if so, would it be a problem?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:07 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by albag
My other half broke 6 ribs last year and had a partially collapsed lung, which he had to have drained. Would this show up on the xray and if so, would it be a problem?
It shouldn't be a problem if it's all healed up and it's not part of an ongoing medical problem.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Chest x-rays

Hi There,
The radiologists ae looking for anything that shouldn't be there. This will include any lung scarring, which you can get from old chest complaints such as infections, pneumonia, chicken pox etc. If there is anything, you can still be cleared as 'meets with requirements' and then you sign a health undertaking (form 815) to say that you will attend an aussie clinic and get checked over again etc.
Hope this helps
Lisa x