Chest x-ray help please

Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chest x-ray help please

We are in the process of having our 457IE application looked at and I was requested to send my x-ray plates. I contacted our doctors who got hold of a copy of the report prepared by the radiologist who did the x-rays, and I was told that a 'linear scar' had shown up and this was pointed out in the report. AHC told me that the plates have to go off to Canberra to be looked at.

Can anyone advise as to how long this process is likely to take and what the xxxx is a 'linear scar'.

Thanks all

blegs
Old Apr 27th 2003, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chest x-ray help please

Originally posted by bleggy
We are in the process of having our 457IE application looked at and I was requested to send my x-ray plates. I contacted our doctors who got hold of a copy of the report prepared by the radiologist who did the x-rays, and I was told that a 'linear scar' had shown up and this was pointed out in the report. AHC told me that the plates have to go off to Canberra to be looked at.

Can anyone advise as to how long this process is likely to take and what the xxxx is a 'linear scar'.

Thanks all

blegs
I am advised by my wife who is a nurse, that a linear scar is exactly as it says. A scar line on your xray. Most probably some illness you have had in the past which has left this scar.
99 % nothing to worry about. But adelaide tend to look at these things closely in case of tb etc etc. Send the plates off and relax and look forward to the pre-grant. Shouldn't be too far away now!!
good luck!
Old Apr 27th 2003, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Chest x-ray help please

Thanks Ian

Comforting info

Blegs
Old Apr 27th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

my xray wasnt clear, they didnt say what it was, just that it may cause a delay. a couple of weeks later we got our pregrant, so dont worry.