Wikiposts

Cheesed off with VETASSESS.

Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheesed off with VETASSESS.

I am a bit cheesed off with VETASSESS, ( not too cheesed off though, as we did get a positive! ).

We need the extra 5 Brucey bonus points for spouse skills for our main application, Emma works for the Citizens Advice Bureaux as a legal advisor / caseworker / supervisor and a few other things.

It was a toss up between applying to VETASSESS under "Industrial Relations Officer " as she is an employment law caseworker and represents at tribunals, or " County Worker " as that covers more of her entire role.

So, I filled in the on-line assessment and we plumped for Industrial Relations. Almost immediately I realised, on re-reading the ASCO, that Industrial Relations was more of an employer based advocacy role rather than on the side of the employee. We e-mailed VETASSESS within in hour of filling in the on-line assessment and asked to be assessed as Community worker instead. We got no reply.

So, when we sent all of the transcripts and certs off to them we put in a cover letter in asking to be assessed as Community worker, along with a copy of the original e-mail we sent and I crossed out and highlighted the relevant parts of the on-line printed off form that we sent. There was no way that anyone looking at our case could have failed to see we wanted the occupation changing.

Anyhow, we got the letter the day before yesterday - VETASSESS has assessed your qualification as equivalent to an Australian degree and is suitable for INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS OFFICER!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!.

I realise that it doesn't actually matter in our case as we can still out Community Worker on the DIMIA application for the relevant work experience, it just annoyed me that they completely ignore our request. If an extra charge was the issue then we would have had no problem in paying it - all they had to do was phone / write / e-mail and Bobs your uncle.

Instead they chose to completely ignore us.

I am just glad that it our case it does not matter too much. We are fast approaching the date that we need to apply to DIMIA by in order to get extra points for my age ( I'm 30 shortly! ). It would have been a nightmare if we were reliant on a correct assessment and need to send it back.

It still all may be academic anyway as I have not had my CDR result back from IEAUST yet.