British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Cheesed off! July 2007 applicant. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/cheesed-off-july-2007-applicant-642396/)

comet555 Nov 30th 2009 10:56 am

Re: Cheesed off! July 2007 applicant.

Perhaps as Dorothy mentioned the visa grant was sent by email and it wasn't noticed.

If your email program put an email from immigration in the junk folder it might have automatically been deleted within a certain frame of time. I believe my hotmail account automatically clears the junk folder once a week. If the immigration email went in there it might not have been noticed and then deleted.

I would certainly be making a phone call after so long. If the poster was granted the visa and wasn't aware of it I presume the validation window has been ticking away this whole time as well. If it was granted hopefully they still have long enough to enter!

Janna and Nick Nov 30th 2009 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8134817)
:frown:

Dear disbelievers
Sorry if you felt I was being rude!:angry_smile:.But and this will be the last time ill say it I was on the CRITICAL SKILLS LIST(I AM A ELECTRICIAN FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM)as was a huge amount of other trade skills.
Let me give you a little more information:-
My wife turned inexpectantly pregnant shortly after applying in July07,we had to wait till march08 to have xrays etc,then DIAC were not happy with work history I sent, even though I my skill were passed by TRA!:confused:
So i sent a reference from an employer when I was working in another country for 2 years(2000-02) with 6 trips a year back to UK,just to prove my work history ,so thy deemed this as my residence and asked me to supply them with a police check:frown:bearing in mind this was a corrupt third world european country were the police took bribes etc, anyway I couldnt get one so I had to go personally to australia house London to declare that I was a saint and not a criminal (that rings a bell) in Dec 08.
Im now on my third case officer which is not uncommon apparently,oh and let me just say how incompetant I think some of the staff are at the Adelaide DIAC.

Do you mean the SOL? The CSL list was only introduced this year to further streamline the applications to those that Australia really needed.... My husband is also an Electrician so we've been on the same lists as you.

Ultimately though the CSL list is immaterial as we were only on it for 2/3months before it changed and weren't really on it for long enough to have benefitted.

I would be asking DIAC some serious questions as an application which has been in since 2007 should really have been one of the first to be decided once everything required was submitted.

I do feel for you though as we have been granted our visa. 19 months from starting the skills assessment process. And we had the Vetassess route to go!

Good luck, I hope you make it eventually! :)

pomerz Dec 1st 2009 7:54 pm

Centurion is actually originally from UK but is now living in Australia, having applied for and been granted a visa. Just like a lot of us here who volunteer our time to help others.

I would suggest you take a read of the site rules particularly rule 1 before posting again. It is unnecessary for you to be rude when people are trying to help.[/QUOTE]

Well said!
I did start reading this thread thinking how i may help after experiencing life on hold ect then after reading down the list of replies, It seems any advice was spurned.......It is stressfull but try and be nice peoples;)

Bossfishy1 Dec 2nd 2009 12:03 am

Can I just say to all my disbelievers and helpers!!!!
I NEVER asked for anyones help,all I wanted to know was wether there was anyone who applied in in July 2007 was suffering the same experience.Then all of a sudden I get all you sheep condeming me for free speech!
Im sorry but get alife!
I`M not looking for help I`M looking for a poxy visa,which im sure is not as rosy as you all thought!
Thats the trouble with these sites, also emails they are very dangerous everyone interprets things differently
I`ve had people tell me I wasnt on CSL inJuly 07,shows what they know!:drinkwine:

comet555 Dec 2nd 2009 12:44 am

Have you called them to find out what's happening? It's fine to complain but what if you're complaining and your visa has already been granted. Like a few of us have said you might have missed the email. It has happened before.

Dorothy Dec 2nd 2009 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8139968)
I`ve had people tell me I wasnt on CSL inJuly 07,shows what they know!:drinkwine:

Have you looked at the links to DIAC posted on the first page of this thread? CSL was not created until January 2009. THe MODL was around in July 2007, as was the SOL. CSL however was not.

You are arguing a point when you are being told by numerous people that you are incorrect. People here have offered you suggestions to help you find out why you have not been given a decision and all you can do is be rude about it.

Note to self...Don't bother with this particular poster again.

hereshoping Dec 2nd 2009 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8139968)

Yes, it shows quite clearly they know a lot more than you.

This site is full of very helpful people who actually do give constructive advice, if you don't appreciate it can I suggest you go elsewhere.

Bossfishy1 Dec 2nd 2009 8:40 am

Enough said I think,
Thank you for all your help,I dont mean to be rude like I said its how emails are interpreted.

p.s
Is the grass greener in Oz?

sooperlids Dec 2nd 2009 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8140680)
Enough said I think,
Thank you for all your help,I dont mean to be rude like I said its how emails are interpreted.

p.s
Is the grass greener in Oz?

Doubt it, they don't get as much rain as us.

ABCDiamond Dec 4th 2009 2:16 am

Originally Posted by sooperlids (Post 8140966)
Doubt it, they don't get as much rain as us.

Actually we get more rain in Australia than the UK gets :lol:

khz2007 Dec 4th 2009 4:05 am

Hi,

Yes it is SOl and not CSL... I am also an applicant August 2007, HR country, Visa type BQ 138...

Yes our applications were not taken up and we are still in a limbo...
As for advice... I think we should use suggestion.. Lots of moderators and Migration agents give us suggestions.. And they are very helpful.. It is up to you to take a suggestion or not but please do not be rude as we are all here to discuss the migration issues...

CHEERS :fingerscrossed:

SurferBoy Dec 9th 2009 3:02 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 8145254)
Actually we get more rain in Australia than the UK gets :lol:

Do we? I think we've had about 2mm since June :D