Wikiposts

Checking visa application online status

Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking visa application online status

Originally Posted by shazza
hi roger
good your getting organised.you will be there in no time
dont know if its different with other airlines but ive ben told not to get my visa stamped in if i want to take double baggage allowance,but thats with emirates
good luck to you all
sharon x
Yeah, I think point is it must be a new visa without entry stamps - so London will put in the visa, but the entry will only be 'stamped' on arrival in Sydney.

probably wont get the the allowance anyway, because Singapore Air don't see the 457 as permanent
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
For info....our online status changed to approved about 24 hours BEFORE we got the e-mail.

Just sent our passports to Australia House to get the 457 stamps in - one less thing to do when we get there, plus may help with trying to blag some extra baggage allownace on Singapore Air
HI ROGER
good luck with everything glad to see you are getting organised.i dont know if it is different with other airlines but to get double baggage allowance ive been told not to get my passport stamped until in oz.(thats with emirates)
sharon
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I think point is it must be a new visa without entry stamps - so London will put in the visa, but the entry will only be 'stamped' on arrival in Sydney.

probably wont get the the allowance anyway, because Singapore Air don't see the 457 as permanent
forget that last post i thought other didnt send(sorry).
that will be right im pretty clueless with all this.getting nervous and developing ocd checking emails.emirates do recognise 457 or maybe it will be a different story when i turn up at airport with 8 cases..OMG better get to shop for bottle of ozzy plonk
sharon
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

that will be right im pretty clueless with all this.getting nervous and developing ocd checking emails.emirates do recognise 457 or maybe it will be a different story when i turn up at airport with 8 cases..OMG better get to shop for bottle of ozzy plonk
sharon
Its very strange - 3 weeks today, we'll be flying. We aint done a thing to get ready yet!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Its very strange - 3 weeks today, we'll be flying. We aint done a thing to get ready yet!
you having a party? ours is next week. finish work nxt week hoping to fly to dubai then brisbane.8th september..House not sold Visa not here. STRESSED dont know but hubby and kids are hiding from me or id ask
shaz
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Is it only people who haven't used an agent who can check online?
As we have used an agent do we have to wait until we hear from them?

(i know it takes a day or two extra as our skills & state sponsorship were dated a few days before we were actually informed by our agents! )

thanks
lisa x
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

you having a party? ours is next week. finish work nxt week hoping to fly to dubai then brisbane.8th september..House not sold Visa not here. STRESSED dont know but hubby and kids are hiding from me or id ask
shaz

We are having our party for personal friends this Sunday afternoon because next weekend we are at Wembley for Saints V Catalan in the Challenge Cup Final, the week after the room we want to use was already booked.

We think our house is 'sold' in that we have accepted an offer. The buyers solicitor and mortgage advisor have been in touch with our estate agent this week, but he's not had the survey done yet.

We are both having our works party on Fridady 31st August - me in Stockport area and my wife in Liverpool.

It think its really strange, I do a lot of foreign business travel - like this week I was in Tunisia for 3 days. It feels like we are just going on holiday or I'm going away for work.

I think its because its all happend so quickly - really its a job move for me - a promotion if you like within our Japanese group. Its not like I've always dreamed of Oz or had to spend 2 years planning the move.

Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sharon
and get some more pink hair dye !!!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

We are having our party for personal friends this Sunday afternoon because next weekend we are at Wembley for Saints V Catalan in the Challenge Cup Final, the week after the room we want to use was already booked.

We think our house is 'sold' in that we have accepted an offer. The buyers solicitor and mortgage advisor have been in touch with our estate agent this week, but he's not had the survey done yet.

We are both having our works party on Fridady 31st August - me in Stockport area and my wife in Liverpool.

It think its really strange, I do a lot of foreign business travel - like this week I was in Tunisia for 3 days. It feels like we are just going on holiday or I'm going away for work.

I think its because its all happend so quickly - really its a job move for me - a promotion if you like within our Japanese group. Its not like I've always dreamed of Oz or had to spend 2 years planning the move.

roger did you have an agent if so did he give you the tra no so you can check on line ?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
roger did you have an agent if so did he give you the tra no so you can check on line ?

No we did it ourselves (we are simple 457 visa) we used the TRN number generated during the online application to track.

Why not ask your agent for tracking number - he can only say 'no' and aren't you paying him - remember YOU are the customer.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice

Yes, your agent will give you the tracking number.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
and get some more pink hair dye !!!!!!!
you having a laughwell seen you havent seen those photos..just got myself 2 bottles of plonk and talked about oz all nite to my mates..god they will be glad when i get on that plane so they dont need to listen anymore
shaz
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey roger
hope you all have a fab time at the parties youl need lotsa tissues..good luck with the move you are really lucky your house is sold.we are moving and the house is still on the market..really slooow here but i dont care im offff..we decided at christmas to move but its really flown in..4 wks to go if that bloody visa ever comes