Wikiposts

Checking visa application online status

Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

fontii will become famous soon enough
Default Checking visa application online status

Hi everyone, at what point in the day is there no point in checking my E457 online status? I'm thinking online status will only change mon-fri 8am-5pm (aussie time).
Am I correct in thinking this and that there's no point in looking during the UK working day?

Cheers,

Andy

Last edited by fontii; Aug 15th 2007 at 8:23 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Checking visa application online status

anyone
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

sorry cant help.im just obsessed checking all the time.meds finalised on saturday?thought they closed then.
sure if you keep posted someone will answer
i feel im developing ocd does anyone else?
sharon x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shazza
sorry cant help.im just obsessed checking all the time.meds finalised on saturday?thought they closed then.
sure if you keep posted someone will answer
i feel im developing ocd does anyone else?
sharon x
I'm sat at work clicking the refresh button on my browser all day. Employer's not too happy!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Anyone?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:11 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fontii
Anyone?
Hi Fontii,

In fact the online status is only going to change once in any way that matters, and very soon afterwards you'd expect a notification email, so I would be checking my inbox not the DIAC website. Hope that helps ease the pain :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice

I live in the hope that DIAC will pay staff for overtime so they will stay back and clear the backlog. Unfortunately, I have become obsessed with checking my email every few minutes and also checking the online tracking every few hours. Is this normal rational behaviour?

And when it says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I interpret that as a coded message telling me that the LCU are working on MY medicals right now hence it is unavailable.

Just take me outside and shoot me now.......

Last edited by ashwood; Aug 16th 2007 at 2:33 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:57 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ashwood
And when it says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I interpret that as a coded message telling me that the LCU are working on MY medicals right now hence it is unavailable.

it says that over night (I'm night shift), and and and.....it's just so damn frustrating....
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Fontii,

In fact the online status is only going to change once in any way that matters, and very soon afterwards you'd expect a notification email, so I would be checking my inbox not the DIAC website. Hope that helps ease the pain :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard
Cheers George, but would the status change over the weekend? Or should I now forget about it until next week?

Andy
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ashwood
I live in the hope that DIAC will pay staff for overtime so they will stay back and clear the backlog. Unfortunately, I have become obsessed with checking my email every few minutes and also checking the online tracking every few hours. Is this normal rational behaviour?

and i thought i was the only nutter on this forum.i also thought thats what it meant.
so are you saying temporarily unavailable doesnt mean they are working on MY visa.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fontii
Cheers George, but would the status change over the weekend? Or should I now forget about it until next week?

Andy
You are best to turn off your computer, open a bottle of wine and forget about your application. DIAC are busy at the moment dealing with the deluge of applications that are flooding in before 1 September. It's now the weekend so DIAC is closed.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza
and i thought i was the only nutter on this forum.i also thought thats what it meant.
so are you saying temporarily unavailable doesnt mean they are working on MY visa.
no it means they are waiting to look at mine and all the very dodge haircuts and clothes that i have worn in the name of fashion

they are going to wet them selfs when they see some of things i have worn over the yrs

they may even refuse my visa as i have commited crimes against fashion
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

For info....our online status changed to approved about 24 hours BEFORE we got the e-mail.

Just sent our passports to Australia House to get the 457 stamps in - one less thing to do when we get there, plus may help with trying to blag some extra baggage allownace on Singapore Air
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
no it means they are waiting to look at mine and all the very dodge haircuts and clothes that i have worn in the name of fashion

they are going to wet them selfs when they see some of things i have worn over the yrs

they may even refuse my visa as i have commited crimes against fashion
thank fk they dont want to see photos of me.id hav know chance getting in.I honestly believed pink hair went lovely with a pink skirt after a few bottles of plonk(obviously)..
anyway i do believe mrs your well after me in the queue and by the time theyve changed their underwear youl be at the back again hehe
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
For info....our online status changed to approved about 24 hours BEFORE we got the e-mail.

Just sent our passports to Australia House to get the 457 stamps in - one less thing to do when we get there, plus may help with trying to blag some extra baggage allownace on Singapore Air
hi roger
good your getting organised.you will be there in no time
dont know if its different with other airlines but ive ben told not to get my visa stamped in if i want to take double baggage allowance,but thats with emirates
good luck to you all
sharon x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.