Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Cheapest place to have Meds done - Single Adult

Cheapest place to have Meds done - Single Adult

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapest place to have Meds done - Single Adult

Hi all,

I have applied on the 176 PR visa.

I am starting to think about medicals and have read a few posts and it appears that the cost of the medical can vary city from city.

Anyone have a 'cheap' recommendation? A particular city that comes in cheap? I'm guessing London (where I am based) will be more expensive.

Just 1 adult.

Thank you.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice
Default Re: Cheapest place to have Meds done - Single Adult

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
Hi all,

I am starting to think about medicals and have read a few posts and it appears that the cost of the medical can vary city from city.

Anyone have a 'cheap' recommendation? A particular city that comes in cheap? I'm guessing London (where I am based) will be more expensive.

Just 1 adult.

Thank you.
Huddersfield was half the price of Leeds but probably by the time you paid to get there it would end up costing the same.

Best thing to do is look on the list of panel doctors and phone and ask them what their charges are - they are usually very open about it and will tell you over the phone.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about

We used St Albans, Herts. depending where you are in London its only 30-60 mins by train, I think it was approx £150.00 each plus x-rays @£60.00

Hi all,

Just 1 adult.

Thank you.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi all,

Just 1 adult.

Thank you.
Cambridge cost £185 (exam £90 bloods £30 X-ray £65) Extra bloods cost £60 from what i can remember. There only done on a Wednesday and Friday.

Get the list of panel doctors from the DIAC website and call round.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:29 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Just because I've been searching for a thread like this and perhaps others will be doing the same.I've just been quoted £230 all in (inc Xrays) in Dundee

I know a bit far to travel but handy to know if you are from north of the border!