British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Changing nominated ocupation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/changing-nominated-ocupation-85946/)

Andrew Jul 3rd 2002 10:20 pm

Changing nominated ocupation

Hi, I am also one that has just been looking and gleaning information from this forum
for the past few months, but now I have a question and hope someone will be able to
answer. I submitted my application early Jan 2002 with an assessment from TRA as a
general communications worker. This was after I got notification from ACS that I
would have to go the RPL route as they did not accept what I had sent them. I have
now become a member of the ACS so would be able to get an assessment in category A,
so my question is this. Since I have not been fast tracked even though in my opinion
my assessment as a general communications worker puts me in the Information and
Communications Technology (ICT) field, I am wondering if I got a new assessment from
ACS would I be able to submit it to Adelaide and have my ASCO code changed and would
it be worth the trouble as I have also seen that the fast track program might have
ended at the end of June 2002.

Regards Andrew

George Lombard Jul 5th 2002 2:20 pm

Re: Changing nominated ocupation

Hi Andrew,

You can certainly lodge a skills assessment in a different skilled occupation and
qualify for benefits therefrom, as long as the application has not been "assessed"
(and although it seems as though most non-IT applications are just sitting in a pile
at the back of the Adelaide office they are working through them...)

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Andrew wrote in message ...
    >Hi, I am also one that has just been looking and gleaning information from this
    >forum for the past few months, but now I have a question and hope someone will be
    >able to answer. I submitted my application early Jan 2002 with an assessment from
    >TRA as a general communications worker. This was after I got notification from ACS
    >that I would have to go the RPL route as they did not accept what I had sent them. I
    >have now become a member of the ACS so would be able to get an assessment in
    >category A, so my question is this. Since I have not been fast tracked even though
    >in my opinion my assessment as a general communications worker puts me in the
    >Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field, I am wondering if I got a new
    >assessment from ACS would I be able to submit it to Adelaide and have my ASCO code
    >changed and would it be worth the trouble as I have also seen that the fast track
    >program might have ended at the end of June 2002.
    >
    >Regards Andrew