Changing my visa question

Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough
Default Changing my visa question

Hey everyone, i'm currently on my second working holiday visa in australia. I have been working for a company now for a few months and they want to sponser me. On my current visa, i'm only allowed to work for them for a maximum of 6 months and i want to switch this visa to a work sponsored visa as soon as possible otherwise i will have to quit my job. Is it possible to do this? If so, could you explain how i can do it. thank you.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:01 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing my visa question

Hi, you need to read the requirements for a 457 visa on www.immi.gov.au

You need to be 'skilled' and paid a certain wage.

Good luck
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your reply. I do meet meet the requirements and my question is that, am i able to switch to the work sponsored visa before my current working holiday visa expires?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:06 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyb157
Thank you for your reply. I do meet meet the requirements and my question is that, am i able to switch to the work sponsored visa before my current working holiday visa expires?
If you get one before your six months are up, then you will continue working without any interruption - it all depends on how quickly your sponsor can process their end of the visa and the overall processing time. Check the other threads or, better yet, beupdate.co.uk to see how quickly the 457s are done nowadays. What happens if you use up your 6 months and the visa would be half way through - not sure about that one, speak to an agent to be sure.

NJ