Changes Police Checks the Netherlands

Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes Police Checks the Netherlands

Originally posted by Simone82
DIMIA (Berlin or Adelaide) will not care who dus de VOG procedure...
Simone, I think this mixing of languages is getting to you
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hans de Visser
Simone, I think this mixing of languages is getting to you
lol!

Definetly!!!

I mix 'de' and 'the', 'voor' and 'for'.....

'Welkom' en 'welcome', 'hoe' en 'how'.
Berlin/Berlijn, Australia/Australie, The Hague/Den Haag

etc etc etc!

I'm posting on 3 different forums, 2 languages, translating the English FAQ here to Dutch, emailing with Dutch and Australian friends, and doing my thesis in Dutch (won't be surprised if there's some English in there, even if the spellcheck gets most of it!!)

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:30 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by freckles
Hi guys,
we received an email today from the postmaster at the Australian Embassy in The Hague, telling us to send them the documents downloaded from www.justitie.nl. The only thing we have to do is fill in our part, and then mail it to them in a self-addressed envelope with stamps, and they will do their thing and send it back to us. We then have to take it all to the gemeentehuis and there we go! Funny detail: today we also received an email from our agent, telling us that the medical and police checks request has arrived! But he also didnt know that we now need the official Dimia document to get the police checks. How bizar. But finally... things are moving along!!
Is there anybody who has already done this? I ask because I called Berlin and they told me that The Hague will _not_ do this since this is only done when an official visa application is received, which The Hague doesn't do anyway.

Sander
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:36 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Sander
Is there anybody who has already done this? I ask because I called Berlin and they told me that The Hague will _not_ do this since this is only done when an official visa application is received, which The Hague doesn't do anyway.

Sander
Oh my god....

this going to be a night mare..

I think for clarity sake we need to a clear information either from Denhaag or Berlin..

I saw in the thread were freckles(sonya) has posted how its for skilled independent:

Here it goes

we received an email today from the postmaster at the Australian Embassy in The Hague, telling us to send them the documents downloaded from www.justitie.nl. The only thing we have to do is fill in our part, and then mail it to them in a self-addressed envelope with stamps, and they will do their thing and send it back to us. We then have to take it all to the gemeentehuis and there we go!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:46 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by badri
Oh my god....

this going to be a night mare..

I think for clarity sake we need to a clear information either from Denhaag or Berlin..

I saw in the thread were freckles(sonya) has posted how its for skilled independent:

Here it goes

we received an email today from the postmaster at the Australian Embassy in The Hague, telling us to send them the documents downloaded from www.justitie.nl. The only thing we have to do is fill in our part, and then mail it to them in a self-addressed envelope with stamps, and they will do their thing and send it back to us. We then have to take it all to the gemeentehuis and there we go!
I know, but according to Berlin this is not an option...
I'll try to find out what The Hague says about it.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:16 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sander

Sander
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear........

Good luck!!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:51 am
Just Joined

HPOP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello vrienden,

I am not Dutch, as you may see, but I was a Dutch resident for 2 years.
In 2003 my residence permit ended and I decided to head to Australia. I first went to Gemeente in Tilburg (that is in Noord Brabant district, dicht bij Hertogenbosch) where I requested a Police Clearance certificate. After 3 weeks and 22 EURO I actually got a certificate for Good Conduct.
When I sent the application to DIMIA, I included in the application a copy of this certificate, as my agent advised me.

I wonder if the Good Conduct certificate is OK with DIMIA and in case I am requested to do Medicals and Police Checks I could send the same certificate second time? Should I get a new one (since I am not living anymore in The Netherlands, I don't think I can have anymore a bad conduct in this country)?

Thanks in advance.
HP.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by HPOP
Hello vrienden,

I am not Dutch, as you may see, but I was a Dutch resident for 2 years.
In 2003 my residence permit ended and I decided to head to Australia. I first went to Gemeente in Tilburg (that is in Noord Brabant district, dicht bij Hertogenbosch) where I requested a Police Clearance certificate. After 3 weeks and 22 EURO I actually got a certificate for Good Conduct.
When I sent the application to DIMIA, I included in the application a copy of this certificate, as my agent advised me.

I wonder if the Good Conduct certificate is OK with DIMIA and in case I am requested to do Medicals and Police Checks I could send the same certificate second time? Should I get a new one (since I am not living anymore in The Netherlands, I don't think I can have anymore a bad conduct in this country)?

Thanks in advance.
HP.
Well, the good conduct certificate(Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is the same as a police check certificate.
But, it's only valid for a year.
But, it of course doesn't matter if it couldn't have changed.
I'm afraid you might have to get a new one, but I'm really not sure, sorry!

Simone
Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Changes Police Checks the Netherlands

hi all,

i believe these changes to the vvg are affective from july 1st. i have applied for my vvg/pcc on july 6th, and indeed got asked for a letter from the embassy stating that i needed it.
i only had a print-out of the list on the website and they accepted this quite easily - there was some stuff that they had to fill out (who was requiring it, the address of the embassy) but the woman at the counter just typed 'australian embassy, berlin' and for the rest of the fields 'unknown'.
i think it really does depend on the person that is behind the counter, as i've heard of some people being asked for a letter.
but - there's never any harm in trying - especially if you explain the frontloading procedure, they might understand and go easy....

good luck,

tanja
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:20 am
Just Joined

willem-lenie is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to the dutch city council to ask for a PPC (VOG) they told me that i would have to have an official letter, I said that it was ridiculous and I wasn't gonna leave before they filed one for me at the Justice Department. The council officer called the justice department and I spoke to them. To make a long story short we copied and paste part of the article from DIMIA's website that says you need a PPC (VOG) and the council officer sent it of to the justice department. 3 weeks later I received the PPC (VOG). I told my girlfriend to do the same and as well for her it was mailed to us with no futher questions asked. DSo save yourselfs the trouble and copy and paste the pasrt of the website when you go in for you PPC (VOG).