Changes to MODL??

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Changes to MODL??

Hi

Does anyone know if any changes happened to the MODL as of 1st September?
I have checked on various sites but have found nothing!

Cheers

MichaelB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:36 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to MODL??

Not aware of any changes but I'm sure Alan, George or JAJ will post as soon as they are aware of any
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Changes to MODL??

Hi Bridiej

I am convinced they will take accountants off of the MODL just before a CO goes through my file, (complete with meds, pccs & 1022)!
Would be just my luck!

Hopefully they will put more occupations on rather than removing them!

Cheers

MichaelB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:46 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi Bridiej

I am convinced they will take accountants off of the MODL just before a CO goes through my file, (complete with meds, pccs & 1022)!
Would be just my luck!

Hopefully they will put more occupations on rather than removing them!

Cheers

MichaelB
Ozzy news said biggest recuiting drive since the 50's so I don't know why they would remove
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:47 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Not aware of any changes but I'm sure Alan, George or JAJ will post as soon as they are aware of any
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

The last MODL change was among the media releases on the DIMIA's website on 18th April, however they updated the list officially on May. They revise it twice a year, I think they did it in September last year.

I am expecting that they will add electrical engineers soon....

Tibi
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:14 pm

or ptlabs!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future

Hi a slight variation on the question
on modl page it states
"You should also be aware that your occupation must be on the MODL at the time your application is assessed in order to be awarded 'occupation in demand/ job offer' points on the General Skilled Migration points test. "

Does this mean the date your application is acknowledged like the letter you get from the TRA saying they have received your application, or is when somebody gets around to looking into your file regardless of the date they received the file!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 5:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
Hi a slight variation on the question
on modl page it states
"You should also be aware that your occupation must be on the MODL at the time your application is assessed in order to be awarded 'occupation in demand/ job offer' points on the General Skilled Migration points test. "

Does this mean the date your application is acknowledged like the letter you get from the TRA saying they have received your application, or is when somebody gets around to looking into your file regardless of the date they received the file!!!

the latter im afraid, so it could be 6 months after youve recd the acknowledgment....
Old Sep 1st 2005, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
the latter im afraid, so it could be 6 months after youve recd the acknowledgment....
yes, fraid this is the case...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers PtLabs I can't spell some of them that are on the MODL list lol
let alone do them lol
lace x
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:16 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
yes, fraid this is the case...
Guys,

Actually the question of the relevant date of the MODL is a bit unsettled at the moment. The latest court decision suggests it should be applied at the date of application (which is the most sensible arrangement) - see http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/di.../2005/230.html and http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/di.../2005/139.html - for those of you put to sleep by the legalese, there were initially two separate cases, one which said MODL is applied at time of application and one which said time of assessment, and both of those were appealled to the Full Federal Court which decided in a 2-1 decision to go for time of application, but the bad news is that instead of accepting the umpires' verdicts DIMIA will probably appeal to the High Court, wasting more taxpayers' money.

I should hasten to add that DIMIA effectively awards MODL points these days at time of application so it's a dead issue, but anyone whose application has been adversely affected in the past by a MODL change after application ought to get legal advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:45 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Guys,

Actually the question of the relevant date of the MODL is a bit unsettled at the moment. The latest court decision suggests it should be applied at the date of application (which is the most sensible arrangement) - see http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/di.../2005/230.html and http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/di.../2005/139.html - for those of you put to sleep by the legalese, there were initially two separate cases, one which said MODL is applied at time of application and one which said time of assessment, and both of those were appealled to the Full Federal Court which decided in a 2-1 decision to go for time of application, but the bad news is that instead of accepting the umpires' verdicts DIMIA will probably appeal to the High Court, wasting more taxpayers' money.

I should hasten to add that DIMIA effectively awards MODL points these days at time of application so it's a dead issue, but anyone whose application has been adversely affected in the past by a MODL change after application ought to get legal advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
I would die if they took chefs/cooks off.

Dont let them George

Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Princess your too precious my love,
they wouldn't do that to you, George would get them and we would have the bones lol
hugs Lace x
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:59 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by lacey21
Princess your too precious my love,
they wouldn't do that to you, George would get them and we would have the bones lol
hugs Lace x

Phew!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.