Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Old May 31st 2010, 4:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to General Skilled Migration 8 Februrary 2010

Originally Posted by reddragon81
and who are you?
Some sort of moderator's lawyer?
There are 4 people asking the same thing (open a new thread)... there must be a reason, don't you think?
Yes I do think. As someone who spent the better part of 2 years moderating this particular forum before giving up in total frustration I know exactly why the threads are merged. And why the site rules say if you have a problem with a moderator's actions (in this case Polly merging threads) then you can take it up via PM.

And if my posts suck as you and shafanm seem to think then you are more than welcome to either put me on ignore or bugger off elsewhere where I don't post. There are plenty of other posters who find my posts helpful and useful.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

reddragon81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes I do think. As someone who spent the better part of 2 years moderating this particular forum before giving up in total frustration I know exactly why the threads are merged. And why the site rules say if you have a problem with a moderator's actions (in this case Polly merging threads) then you can take it up via PM.

And if my posts suck as you and shafanm seem to think then you are more than welcome to either put me on ignore or bugger off elsewhere where I don't post. There are plenty of other posters who find my posts helpful and useful.
Look don't take it personally... Most of us are very stressed because of this proposed bill that might be very soon approved and become law, axing thousand of applicants (including people aged 70s and 80s - aged parents visa!!!).
We only have 4 days left to make ourselves heard , sending as many feedback as possible to the Senate, TVs, local MPs, etc.
Therefore some of us think that it is very important that this matter have a thread on its own. Users of this forum keep opening new threads about this same topic because they obviously don't think that such an important news would be on page 9 of another thread. Therefore, please, let this important topic have its own thread, and if possible label it as "important". Other forums are organized in such a manner that they are all submitting their enquiries. It is very important that such a big forum like this, with so many users, contributes to make ourselves heard louder
Old May 31st 2010, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy

welcome to either put me on ignore or bugger off elsewhere where I don't post. There are plenty of other posters who find my posts helpful and useful.

So much for freedom of expression.
Old May 31st 2010, 5:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Can you lot please cut out the bitching and get this thread back on topic.

For your info -
1) This thread contains the original post explaining the "Cap and cease" when it was orginally announced - see George's openng post.
2) This thread contains at least 6 merged threads all giving the news of what is now in front of the Senate, some of which contain links, some of which are purely cut and paste. We don't need th same info in dozens of threads as (contrary to some thread titles) it doesn't affect everyone and other people wish to use the forum too.
3) The reason for merging the threads therefore is quite simple - keep the whole story in one place, as opposed to under scary and misleading titles like All applications to be rejected and returned"
4) There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum with one of the posts about the Senate issue in it. I have added a link to this thread as the "discussion thread"

Now back to the discussion please.
Old May 31st 2010, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shafanm
So much for freedom of expression.
It's a sticky thread on Pomsinoz and there has been a great response on that website with a lot of support and great info. I have started leaning more and more to that website as it does seem to stick to the facts and doesn't have the same attitude as the britishexpats site seems to be getting.
Old May 31st 2010, 5:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
It's a sticky thread on Pomsinoz and there has been a great response on that website with a lot of support and great info. I have started leaning more and more to that website as it does seem to stick to the facts and doesn't have the same attitude as the britishexpats site seems to be getting.
Its a sticky thread here too - we now tend to just have a post as the sticky, with the discussion thread elsewhere to prevent the actual info getting lost among the chat......
If you prefer the policy of another site, thats fine, however we would not spend time on another forum telling people how great BE was, and we expect the same courtesy from people who post elsewhere (as I do myself). All sites are run differently and there is room on the net for all of us.
Now as I said previously can we stick to the topic please.,
Old May 31st 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can you lot please cut out the bitching and get this thread back on topic.

For your info -
1) This thread contains the original post explaining the "Cap and cease" when it was orginally announced - see George's openng post.
2) This thread contains at least 6 merged threads all giving the news of what is now in front of the Senate, some of which contain links, some of which are purely cut and paste. We don't need th same info in dozens of threads as (contrary to some thread titles) it doesn't affect everyone and other people wish to use the forum too.
3) The reason for merging the threads therefore is quite simple - keep the whole story in one place, as opposed to under scary and misleading titles like All applications to be rejected and returned"
4) There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum with one of the posts about the Senate issue in it. I have added a link to this thread as the "discussion thread"

Now back to the discussion please.
With all due respect to Polly, and I do understand your point very clearly but you are missing the point of fellow member of the forum
we are not dealing with small children to scare them away, and the fact is all those who's visa application is on the pipeline will have nightmare when they come to know their predicament, but facts are suborn they have to face the music sooner or later, my intention was to get more people in such situation to send a petition before 4th of June as advised so they could make a contribution to change this draconian law.

Generally it is the topic of the tread which attracts me and guess it is same with most.

Well, All I did was make sure more and more would view this thread if it was with a new heading, since the current heading has been there since Feb 8th.

I shall not discuss this matter any further, Lets get on with the more serious issue in hand,
Old May 31st 2010, 6:47 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who feels ashamed of what they've said here should ask a moderator to remove their posts.

I am going to report back on today's DIAC information session by sending the outcomes to a moderator, who no doubt will, out of generosity of spirit, share it with you all.

If there were no moderators there would be no forum, and if you want to see what happens in an unmoderated forum, go to the google group misc.immigration.australia+nz which used to be the major online information source 10 years ago.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 31st 2010, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

sidharthd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Anyone who feels ashamed of what they've said here should ask a moderator to remove their posts.

I am going to report back on today's DIAC information session by sending the outcomes to a moderator, who no doubt will, out of generosity of spirit, share it with you all.

If there were no moderators there would be no forum, and if you want to see what happens in an unmoderated forum, go to the google group misc.immigration.australia+nz which used to be the major online information source 10 years ago.

Cheers,

George Lombard
It is very important to know

1. When this bill gets passed and comes in effect
2. Who will be affected by this (i.e will it cover applicants who have their medicals and police clearance already done)
3. I'm assuming application fees would be refunded

Looking forward to your feeds George.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:10 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sidharthd
It is very important to know

1. When this bill gets passed and comes in effect
2. Who will be affected by this (i.e will it cover applicants who have their medicals and police clearance already done)
3. I'm assuming application fees would be refunded

Looking forward to your feeds George.
The moderators have got my report.

I think the Cap and Cease bill is a red herring put up for political purposes at this stage, meant to indicate that the previous government was weak on migration issues. The major legislative purpose is probably to ensure that there is absolutely no doubt about the (already announced) cessation of applications from prior to 1 September 2007, since this would be an obvious matter for litigation; and current provisions also don't provide for a refund.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 31st 2010, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by George Lombard
The moderators have got my report.

I think the Cap and Cease bill is a red herring put up for political purposes at this stage, meant to indicate that the previous government was weak on migration issues. The major legislative purpose is probably to ensure that there is absolutely no doubt about the (already announced) cessation of applications from prior to 1 September 2007, since this would be an obvious matter for litigation; and current provisions also don't provide for a refund.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George - thanks for your comments, and for unceasing support of this forum - I sometimes wonder whether many of those who post on BE appreciate how much time agents like yourself give for free on here

=========================================

As most of you seem convinced that I couldn't care less about the whole cap and cease issue, I'm not sure why I am doing this, but here you go - the latest info on the subject:

There will be no new points test until the end of the year, if at all, and equally no capping and ceasing if at all until then.

The full story is here -
DIAC Exposition on Skilled Migration Changes
Old May 31st 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

George - thanks for your comments, and for unceasing support of this forum - I sometimes wonder whether many of those who post on BE appreciate how much time agents like yourself give for free on here

As most of you seem convinced that I couldn't care less about the whole cap and cease issue, I'm not sure why I am doing this, but here you go - the latest info on the subject:

There will be no new points test until the end of the year, if at all, and equally no capping and ceasing if at all until then.

The full story is here -
Many thanks to Sir George and all moderators of BE for being so helpful and they keep coming up with timely updates...
BE Rock!
Old May 31st 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

sidharthd is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

The full story is here -
Thanks for the update
Old May 31st 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for update
Old May 31st 2010, 10:22 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
you are wrong, Moderators or Admins are not super humans and should listen to the opinion of the majority, The new legislation is a very hot top in almost all the migration forums except BE because of their obsolete attitude.

I've been a great fan of BE but, sometimes what Dorothy says really sucks
Unless the topic is changed most people would think this thread about FEB 8TH CHANGES TO SKILL MIGRATIONS. This is obvious from the fact that not much have commented about the new changes which is to effect a lot of people. this issue is a " live topic " elsewhere.
They may not be super humans, but they do not deserve to have people having a go at them. Dorothy said if there was a problem, to discuss it via PM but instead people seem to have hijacked the thread to have a moan about what they see to be the failing of a moderator. With all due respect, you're not the only one who is affected by this possible change. I am also potentially going to be affected. Not everyone will like how/where the thread is, but there will be people that do, and as I said before, Dorothy did explain why it had been merged.

Mine isn't the only opinion - but neither is yours. You may think I'm wrong, but I think you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.