Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Changes to General Skilled Migration 8 Februrary 2010

Does anyone from Cat 5 got visa after 8 Feb changes????????????????
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

alhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bilaln30
Does anyone from Cat 5 got visa after 8 Feb changes????????????????
Yes, I have read somewhere in this forum.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am a SAP consultant , planned (earlier to apply under 175 ), now new model is expected to be releases by April -July 2010.
Is it possible I can request ACS to delay my assessment upto new model release.
As per my agent I still had 120 points , I can go ahead without( MODL 15 points) .

I am less then 30 year old , having master degree with 5 year exp and IELTS 6.5 and community langauage HINDI.

Please suggest.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:10 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gti
I felt so bad for everyone yet to apply for GSM prior to 8th Feb 2010. I am cat 7 175 applicant...does that mean my applications can be processed before 2012 as the number of applicants is slowing down due to the removal of MODL? Sorry
The processing of all lower priority applications, say any that were not on CSL has been an indefinite situation for with capped numbers as new higher priority Employer Sponsored or CSL applications are received, they get processed first and then there will be less visas to be allocated to the lower priorities.
As an example, there were ~3500 Cat 5 applications and it was stated in December that a few which were close to being granted could be processed.
A few have been processed since last December but exactly how many I would not know.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:38 pm
Banned

Gurneet is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=aahmed;8362178]
As per my agent I still had 120 points , I can go ahead without( MODL 15 points) .
/QUOTE]

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please let me know, how your agent calculated 120 points..without MODL.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aahmed
Dear all,

I am a SAP consultant , planned (earlier to apply under 175 ), now new model is expected to be releases by April -July 2010.
Is it possible I can request ACS to delay my assessment upto new model release.

I am less then 30 year old , having master degree with 5 year exp and IELTS 6.5 and community langauage HINDI.

Please suggest.
[QUOTE=Gurneet;8362968]
Originally Posted by aahmed
/QUOTE]

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please let me know, how your agent calculated 120 points..without MODL.
I can answer you 30 points for age, 15 points for IELTS, 5 points community language, 10 points specific work experience and 60 points for nominated occupation = 120 points
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:24 pm
Banned

Gurneet is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=wilson01;8363008]
Originally Posted by Gurneet

I can answer you 30 points for age, 15 points for IELTS, 5 points community language, 10 points specific work experience and 60 points for nominated occupation = 120 points
Hi Wilson,

"5 points community language"

this is good option, but in my case I have studied Hindi and Punjab in schooling but not in graduation.

And the other option to get NAATI accreditation, that is really very expensive!

Arround $1100 approximately!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

ozseeker10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I have read the info available but still am uncertain about one thing.

I would be looking to apply for 175 visa, as have 125 points.

I meet the criteria on the old SOL.

Does this mean if i apply now i am judged agains the old rules or does it mean i am welcome to apply but if my occupation (Computer professional NEC) is not on the new SOL then my application could be refused ?

I got the impression that applying now would only mean i need to meet the current criteria.

thnaks,

Nicky.
Old May 28th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

sebjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010, your submission, urgent

Don't know if this issue was mentioned before, have been browsing the latest threads, but to no effort. Dear Mod's, please feel free to close/delete if only repetition.

Anyway, should be of interest to all GSM applicants currently in the waiting queue.

Source: http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committ...pping/info.htm

Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010
Information about the Inquiry

On 26 May 2010 the Senate referred the following matter to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for inquiry and report.
The Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010 (the Bill) seeks to amend the Migration Act 1958 to enable the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship (the Minister) to cap visa grants and terminate visa applications based on the class or classes of applicant applying for the visa.
In particular, the Bill would enable the Minister to make a legislative instrument to determine the maximum number of visas of a specified class or classes that may be granted in a financial year to visa applicants with specified characteristics, and treat outstanding applications for the capped visa as never having been made.
The proposed amendments are intended to address issues relating to the General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa program.

Submissions should be received by 04 June 2010. The reporting date is 15 June 2010.

The Committee is seeking written submissions from interested individuals and organisations preferably in electronic form submitted online or sent by email to [email protected] as an attached Adobe PDF or MS Word format document. The email must include full postal address and contact details.

Alternatively, written submissions may be sent to:

Committee Secretary
Senate Legal and Constitutional Committee
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600
Australia

Notes to help you prepare your submission are available from the website at http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committ..._sub/index.htm. Alternatively, the Committee Secretariat will be able to help you with your inquiries and can be contacted on telephone +61 2 6277 3560 or facsimile +61 2 6277 5794 or by email to [email protected].

Inquiries from hearing and speech impaired people should be directed to Parliament House TTY number 02 6277 7799. Adobe also provides tools at http://access.adobe.com/ for the blind and visually impaired to access PDF documents. If you require any special arrangements to enable you to participate in the Committee's inquiry, please contact the Committee Secretariat.

Once the Committee accepts your submission, it becomes a confidential Committee document and is protected by Parliamentary Privilege. You must not release your submission without the Committee's permission. If you do, it will not be protected by Parliamentary Privilege. At some stage during the inquiry, the Committee normally makes submissions public and places them on its website. Please indicate if you want your submission to be kept confidential.

For further information, contact:

Committee Secretary
Senate Legal and Constitutional Committee
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600
Australia
Phone: +61 2 6277 3560
Fax: +61 2 6277 5794
Email: [email protected]
Old May 28th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default DIAC plans to axe applications already accepted

I got this information from a reliable source that Minister is strongly working on a scheme to cancel 1000's visa applications that has been already submitted.

Last edited by Sue; May 28th 2010 at 7:27 pm. Reason: Orignal thread merged with the one above.
Old May 28th 2010, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

sebjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC plans to axe applications already accepted

See http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committ...pping/info.htm
Old May 28th 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about the cap and cease arrangements?

You need to give us more than this.

It is not good to post things that are alarming like this without more explanation or a reliable source. It can really upset people who are already stressed by the process.
Old May 28th 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Are you talking about the cap and cease arrangements?

You need to give us more than this.

It is not good to post things that are alarming like this without more explanation or a reliable source. It can really upset people who are already stressed by the process.
this makes alot of sense, as the current system is the playing the double standards game.
by first removing a trade from sol then on other hand granting a visa to someone who trade is not required, that is already in the system.

As the minster said, its about the needs of australia, not the right of having a visa because you have applied

Last edited by wookiee06; May 28th 2010 at 5:45 pm. Reason: sdsds
Old May 28th 2010, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wookiee06
this makes alot of sense
but makes us tense
Old May 28th 2010, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

khdmah is an unknown quantity at this point

When you get news from reliable source it should have reference not just word of mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.