Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Changes to GSM 8 Februrary 2010/Cap and Cease info

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: Changes to General Skilled Migration 8 Februrary 2010

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
As you have already lodged your application, I don't see how the announcement has changed anything for you?
I would'nt count on that, considering the plight of 20.000 applicants who applied prior to sept/07.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Further information concerning the abolition of the MODL:

... the only applicants who will still have access to MODL occupations will be Subclass 885 Skilled – Independent, Subclass 886 Skilled – Sponsored and Subclass 487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored visas applicants, who:

(i) held a Subclass 485 Skilled – Graduate visa at the date of commencement of this instrument; or
(ii) had made an application for a Subclass 485 Skilled – Graduate visa that is not finally determined at the date of commencement of this instrument.

There will no longer be any skilled occupations on the MODL for all other GSM applications. This will mean that most GSM applicants will not be able to obtain extra points under the GSM points test because of the MODL. This change will impact all new GSM applications from the effective date of the instrument except those specified above. It will also impact on potential applicants who intended to apply for a GSM visa based on their occupation which was (before the changes) listed on MODL.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks, George, for taking the time to post
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
I would'nt count on that, considering the plight of 20.000 applicants who applied prior to sept/07.

My comment was to a specific applicant who was not pre Sept 2007. And I made the statement as they are not affected by anything announced to date.

I am not throwing around bland "don't worry about it dude" statements without considering what the person I am responding to has said and their situation.

Perhaps you prefer to go around inciting mass panic and telling people who are not affected that they are and armageddon is upon us. But I prefer to spend my time calming people down and providing the best advice I am able. So I REALLY did not appreciate you quoting one small section of what I have said, taking it out of context and making your ridiculous statements.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:24 am
Just Joined

saonbaidya is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes applicants from before September 2007 are effected, so you are in that group.

From reading the document, it would seem that the immigration department will put a cap on the number of visas that they will grant from these earlier applications and when the cap is reached the rest will be refused and refund given.

I doubt anyone can tell you whether you will get your visa before the cap is reached. It is even more waiting for you by the looks of it.
Will New priority processing halt CSL visa processing??
According to new priority processing guideline set by DIAC on 8th Feb 2010, “State Migration plan” has been introduced that will get more priority than CSL applicants.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Not sure when this state migration plan will be released and come in action. Until then what will happen to CSL applicants? Will their application be halted?

I’ve applied in May 2009, subclass-175 and submitted my medical last week. I was expecting VISA approval shortly. But right now I’m not sure if this new priority processing will affect my VISA processing or not? In a word would my VISA processing be delayed.

PLS HELP

-SAON
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Dear All, Hello!
This post is in response regarding our migration application dated 27th August 2007 for a Skilled – Australian sponsored (Subclass 138).
The latest draconian legislative passed by the minister of Migration on 8th February 2010 has left us harassed and not worthy of a human being...
They have ceased our application after almost three (3) years of waiting without any reason of capping(First he said it was the economy). He is willing to refund our application charge(VAC) after keeping us in a limbo for three years. First he amended the law on 23rd September 2009 and now he has completely disqualified our application.
In this process he has used our money "People his Business" for the benefit of the ministry he heads and made fun of our lives and the amount of time, money, energy and ambitions we had.

After many changes and assurances he gave through his ministries web site

In the new legislation passed he says that no refunds will be there for the medicals, Assessment charge, English tests(IELTS) and other expenses like hiring a migration agent witch also costs a fortune.

What about the interests on all the amount of VAC he had with him for the last three years. He takes three years to tell us that we cannot continue with your application because you are not worthy of our system. He must be joking. IS he? Or is ;" People his Business" his motto. Or is this the motto of the Australian Government.

We filled our application under the rules of Migration prevalent at that time. My only other brother lives in Melbourne and has been doing well and contributing to the economy since the last 8 years.
We believe that the Minister should take responsibility and demonstrate that his moral position is consistent, that it extends to cover the thousands of customers affected by his combined lack of action in managing the inflow of applications once the problem was brought to his attention. Setting limits and shaping migration program volumes was his job to do at the time they knew the inflow was changing. My family now suffers as a result of this lack of timely decision making. The late response and subsequent over-reaction to the rising inflow visas means we will now be ineligible to migrate. It is their job to help lift the unfair and discriminatory suspension of processing.

And if this the New Law then we want compensation of the amount of mental harassment we have suffered because of this latest legislation.
Please also advise us how to proceed and if any way we can challenge this in the Competent court of Law. :curse:
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:40 am
Banned

askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Can you please point me to a way to get points other than the modl and community language?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but why would you be compensated for medicals or police checks unless they were requested by the case officer. If they were then you are probably close to the end of your visa processing. If not, then you paid for them at your own peril as stated on the DIAC website. And why would you be compensated for agent fees? Using an agent is not mandatory, so again you use an agent at your own peril.

Where did it say that your application will be ceased at all? The announcement says 20 000 applications will be processed. It's entirely possible there are only 19000 applications in the system so EVERYONE who applied before 1 Sept 2007 will get a visa.

Are you saying now that even if your visa were granted tomorrow you wouldn't want it? A visa to live in Australia is a priviledge, not a right.

Originally Posted by khz2007
Dear All, Hello!
This post is in response regarding our migration application dated 27th August 2007 for a Skilled – Australian sponsored (Subclass 138).
The latest draconian legislative passed by the minister of Migration on 8th February 2010 has left us harassed and not worthy of a human being...
They have ceased our application after almost three (3) years of waiting without any reason of capping(First he said it was the economy). He is willing to refund our application charge(VAC) after keeping us in a limbo for three years. First he amended the law on 23rd September 2009 and now he has completely disqualified our application.
In this process he has used our money "People his Business" for the benefit of the ministry he heads and made fun of our lives and the amount of time, money, energy and ambitions we had.

After many changes and assurances he gave through his ministries web site

In the new legislation passed he says that no refunds will be there for the medicals, Assessment charge, English tests(IELTS) and other expenses like hiring a migration agent witch also costs a fortune.

What about the interests on all the amount of VAC he had with him for the last three years. He takes three years to tell us that we cannot continue with your application because you are not worthy of our system. He must be joking. IS he? Or is ;" People his Business" his motto. Or is this the motto of the Australian Government.

We filled our application under the rules of Migration prevalent at that time. My only other brother lives in Melbourne and has been doing well and contributing to the economy since the last 8 years.
We believe that the Minister should take responsibility and demonstrate that his moral position is consistent, that it extends to cover the thousands of customers affected by his combined lack of action in managing the inflow of applications once the problem was brought to his attention. Setting limits and shaping migration program volumes was his job to do at the time they knew the inflow was changing. My family now suffers as a result of this lack of timely decision making. The late response and subsequent over-reaction to the rising inflow visas means we will now be ineligible to migrate. It is their job to help lift the unfair and discriminatory suspension of processing.

And if this the New Law then we want compensation of the amount of mental harassment we have suffered because of this latest legislation.
Please also advise us how to proceed and if any way we can challenge this in the Competent court of Law. :curse:
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by askanaan
Hello everyone,

Can you please point me to a way to get points other than the modl and community language?
www.immi.gov.au
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

This may be a silly question to most, but these changes don't make any difference to granted visas do they? I just got confused as to the 2007 visa issue.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:55 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by xzibit
This may be a silly question to most, but these changes don't make any difference to granted visas do they? I just got confused as to the 2007 visa issue.
Nope.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

If sumone plz let me know ppl who applied after Sep 2007 and are sponsored by state and asked to do Medicals and PCC, what will happen to those applications? Specially who are tradeperson. Is there any hope for them?

I am Post Sept 2007 applicant. applied as Trade person (RAC Technician) applied in Dec 2007.

Thanx in advance.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milano
If sumone plz let me know ppl who applied after Sep 2007 and are sponsored by state and asked to do Medicals and PCC, what will happen to those applications? Specially who are tradeperson. Is there any hope for them?

I am Post Sept 2007 applicant. applied as Trade person (RAC Technician) applied in Dec 2007.

Thanx in advance.

As much hope as there was yesterday. Nothing has changed for such applicants so far.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Thank you for updating us all George. Once again I am very glad you are our migration agent.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:55 am
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Changes to General Skilled Migration 8 Februrary 2010

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
interesting .. so even though they say you can still apply if your occupation is not on the new SOL long as you hold or have applied for a 485 visa before 08/02/2010 , they can still refuse you a visa ?
If your question was: ........ Refuse visa due to new SOL ? , then NO.

One can still apply for GSM if nominated occupation is not on new SOL, as long as the applicant as of 8/1/2010 holds a 485 visa or has a pending 485 application or has a pending GSM application. In all this three cases, new SOL wont affect the above applicant and wont lead to visa refusal due to new SOL.

But, if the applicant is on student / VET visas as of 8/1/2010 he/she can apply ONLY FOR 485 Graduate visa by nominating old SOL. "However these student visa holders will be required to have an occupation on the new SOL to apply for a permanent GSM visa."

Last edited by Shereen; Feb 8th 2010 at 12:02 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

K Srikanth is an unknown quantity at this point

As much hope as there was yesterday. Nothing has changed for such applicants so far.
Hi Agents and members

I have a doubt regarding processing of 176 SS applications...If any of you clarify the same i will be very much thankful to you..

Is the processing of 176 SS applications whose Case Officer allotted prior to 23rd Sep 2009(3500 cases Processing under minister directions) and requested Meds& Pcc is continue to be processed.......or the new processing priorities effect the processing of those applications.....

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.