Change in Passport

Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change in Passport

Hello all,

Finally had my visa stampted (Indian Passport) last week. However during this time, I have also been granted my British Nationality (and hence a British Passport). The question is can I transfer the Visa from the Indian Passport to the British Passport as Indian Govt do not yet allow dual nationality?? Any suggestions or links that might help me answer this question.

Jude
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:44 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in Passport

You dont really need to do this - you enter Australia on your Indian passport and enter the UK on your British passport.

Two passports are acceptable in Australia.

If you dont get Australian citizenship in the next few years you can have the visa label evidenced in your British passport. (now up to passport number 3)
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Richard Gregan
You dont really need to do this - you enter Australia on your Indian passport and enter the UK on your British passport.

Two passports are acceptable in Australia.

If you dont get Australian citizenship in the next few years you can have the visa label evidenced in your British passport. (now up to passport number 3)
Richard,
Thanks for your response. However as stated earlier, Indian Govt does not allow dual nationality, which means I have to get my Indian passport cancelled within the next few weeks. Hence the dilemma.
Jude
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:28 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

OK -

I see the dilema - but I know of people with both British and Indian passports who operate as advised.

You could go to DIMIA in London and ask them to re-evidence the visa in your UK passport.