Change of Name, New Passport and Visa

Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Name, New Passport and Visa

Our 176 visa was granted in January 2010, we are gettting married in May this year and validating our visas in June whilst on honeymoon - i will be changing my passport to my married name but the visa is in my maiden name - does anyone have any ideas how i go about:

1) getting the name of the visa changed to my married name and

2) getting the new visa stamp in my new passport?

Cheers

Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Name, New Passport and Visa

Originally Posted by JuilePaul
Our 176 visa was granted in January 2010, we are gettting married in May this year and validating our visas in June whilst on honeymoon - i will be changing my passport to my married name but the visa is in my maiden name - does anyone have any ideas how i go about:

1) getting the name of the visa changed to my married name and

2) getting the new visa stamp in my new passport?

Cheers

Would it not be easier to leave changing your passport until you've got back from your honeymoon (unless you already have the tickets booked in your married name)? You could then change the passport later, when you haven't got so much on your plate and then when you move over permanently just take the new passport to DIAC here and they'll put the new visa sticker in the new passport - having taken all relevant paperwork with you of course.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, i will be changing the name on my passport once we get back from honeymoon but was just wondering how i would go about getting the name on the visa changed and then putting it into my new passport?

Thanx
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JuilePaul
Sorry, i will be changing the name on my passport once we get back from honeymoon but was just wondering how i would go about getting the name on the visa changed and then putting it into my new passport?

Thanx
Just go into any DIAC office with your old passport, new passport & marriage certificate and they should be able to update their system and issue a new label in your new passport