Change of marital status

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

jduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant future
Default Change of marital status

Hi all,

Applied Oct 07 175 visa blah blah blah as being in a De-Facto partners relationship, but we just got married.
Can anyone tell me whether my wife needs to get the copy of our wedding certificate certified as you do with all the other bits and bobs when first applying? Or is it simply a case of sending off a change of details form as you would if you are changing address?

Thanks all Josh the plasterer
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

jduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant future
Default Re: Change of marital status

Originally Posted by jduncanbrown
Hi all,

Applied Oct 07 175 visa blah blah blah as being in a De-Facto partners relationship, but we just got married.
Can anyone tell me whether my wife needs to get the copy of our wedding certificate certified as you do with all the other bits and bobs when first applying? Or is it simply a case of sending off a change of details form as you would if you are changing address?

Thanks all Josh the plasterer
Guessing most people got migration experts to do the dirty work then?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

makido is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
we were in the same situation and we scanned and emailed the form CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES AND wedding certificate. Or you can send all via post, but if you do not want to send the original wedding certificate (DIAC always says not to send the originals, but it was cheaper to get the original than to certify the copies), you MUST certify the copy of it.

Last edited by makido; Jun 2nd 2008 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by makido
Hi,
we were in the same situation and we scanned and emailed the form CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES AND wedding certificate. Or you can send all via post, but if you do not want to send the original wedding certificate (DIAC always says not to send the originals, but it was cheaper to get the original than to certify the copies), you MUST certify the copy of it.
Ok, thanks for that. Prob go for the certified copy with the forms. Did you get a confirmation that they recieved the details?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

makido is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jduncanbrown;6426373]Ok, thanks for that. Prob go for the certified copy with the forms. Did you get a confirmation that they recieved the details?[/QUOT
At the time we didn't have a CO and we didn't receive a confirmation email, that might be the reason, I don't know.