Wikiposts

change of job after application

Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:12 am
gmj
Just Joined

gmj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default change of job after application

Hi People,

It's 8 months since I lodged my application, 2 weeks ago I got my CO allocated and I've just joined a new company, my question is: Is it mandatory to inform DIMIA that I have a new job?

Thks
Gil
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default Re: change of job after application

Originally Posted by gmj
Hi People,

It's 8 months since I lodged my application, 2 weeks ago I got my CO allocated and I've just joined a new company, my question is: Is it mandatory to inform DIMIA that I have a new job?

Thks
Gil
I wouldn't think so as your skills have already been assessed and your references attached to the application.
I wouldn't tell them unless they ask.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beccie
I wouldn't think so as your skills have already been assessed and your references attached to the application.
I wouldn't tell them unless they ask.
Beccie is Spot on. Your skills have already been assessed and all that concerns them is your situation before and up to the date that you applied.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

jatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gmj
Hi People,

Thks
Gil
new to the application process - what is DMIA?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

They are the chaps who give out the visas.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Changes in circumstances

If an applicant’s circumstances change, such that an answer in the application form or supporting information is no longer correct or is incomplete, you must inform the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of a change in circumstances include changes to: address and/or contact details; new passport; employment eg a new job; new member of your family unit; discovering information provided in the application is incorrect.

You can provide this information to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre by writing a letter or e-mail and sending this, along with any accompanying documentation, to this office.

If you are notifying a change of e-mail address by sending an e-mail from your new address then you should also include details of your previously authorised e-mail address in your correspondence to enable this office to be satisfied that you have authorised the change.

Alternatively, you can use forms specifically designed to allow you to notify the department of changes to your address, circumstances or application form answers. For information on departmental forms please refer to the department’s website www.immi.gov.au and refer to Finding and Using Forms and Booklets (www.immi.gov.au/allforms/)

The following forms are useful for notifying changes in circumstances:
􀂃 Form 929 Change of address
􀂃 Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances
􀂃 Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s)
􀂃 Form 1193 Communication by E-Mail with the Department
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sailechz
Changes in circumstances

If an applicant’s circumstances change, such that an answer in the application form or supporting information is no longer correct or is incomplete, you must inform the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of a change in circumstances include changes to: address and/or contact details; new passport; employment eg a new job; new member of your family unit; discovering information provided in the application is incorrect.
It doesn't affect your eligibility for the visa but you should tell them as otherwise you will have a problem if they follow up your references and no-one there claims to know who you are.