Wikiposts

Change in Contact Arrangements for ASPC

Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:45 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change in Contact Arrangements for ASPC

Hi Folks,

I understand that from midnight tonight (and that may be Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time or Australian Central Daylight Saving Time, don't know whose clock they'll be using), the ASPC is going to go over to a web-based contact arrangement using the link http://www.immi.gov.au/FEEDBACK/gsm/post.htm - you'll be able to check processing times and contact details and submit documentation online. This is apparently one reason why the automated processing times email isn't working at the moment. I'm expecting an announcement today and will keep you all posted.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:06 pm

sush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Change in Contact Arrangements for ASPC

George, thanks a lot for clarifying the matter regarding the long awaited Tuesday email!!

Sush-jpn
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:36 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Change in Contact Arrangements for ASPC

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Folks,

I understand that from midnight tonight (and that may be Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time or Australian Central Daylight Saving Time, don't know whose clock they'll be using), the ASPC is going to go over to a web-based contact arrangement using the link http://www.immi.gov.au/FEEDBACK/gsm/post.htm - you'll be able to check processing times and contact details and submit documentation online. This is apparently one reason why the automated processing times email isn't working at the moment. I'm expecting an announcement today and will keep you all posted.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

What exactly do they mean by "web-based contact arrangement?"

I assume we will be able to check the processing times directly on the web instead of emails. I wonder whether it will be updated daily or weekly?

What I really want to know is will this system give us anymore information about our own visa applications? Could we potentially go on and see where we are in the line up, or if our file has been pulled up lately? That would be fantastic if we could, although I'm not holding out hope for that.

I know you may not have answers right now but I'm sure we would all appreciate any news we can get.

Thanks for the update,

Haley
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:08 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Haley and Sush and everyone:

I've received the details, such as they are:

E-mail mailboxes - technical difficulties are affecting auto-reply messages

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the automated
responses from our email mailboxes including the e-mail address
"[email protected]"
As you are probably aware enquiries made about processing information do
not receive an auto-reply. I have attached the current processing
information at the end of this email to assist in responding to any
enquiries made to your members.

The department is currently working towards a solution to this problem, and
we expect the system to be operating again in the near future.

This email malfunction is also affecting other departmental mailboxes that
would normally provide an auto response including
[email protected] and the mailboxes for receiving scanned
documents. Please note that emails are being received and actioned
despite auto replies not being sent.

Contacting the ASPC - The method for clients to contact us is changing from
16 November 2006

As you may already be aware the ASPC will be changing from an email based
enquiry service to a web-based service with effect from 12.00am on 16
November 2006.

The email address [email protected] will be removed and
enquiries will need to be made through the department's website.

All contact information for the ASPC will be available from the page
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm including
web based forms to make enquiries.

Contact information for telephone or written enquiries are unchanged.

Providing client information to the ASPC

Please note that information about sending scanned documents to the ASPC is
available at http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/faqs/5.0.htm

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:22 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Checked out the website and it appears as though there really aren't any major changes. The only difference I can see is that we can't send emails to them anymore so we will have to use the web contact form instead. Which makes absolutely no difference to me.

I really hope that someday we will be able to check all visa applications regardless of how they were lodged. Unfortunately I don't see that happening until long after I get my own visa.

Oh well, I guess we must continue playing the waiting in the dark game.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:08 pm

sush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud of

Does this mean that we won't be getting processing dates from now on?
Or is it available through the web inquirey form? Confusing!!

Sush-jpn
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:31 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by sush-jpn
Does this mean that we won't be getting processing dates from now on?
Or is it available through the web inquirey form? Confusing!!

Sush-jpn
Hi Sush, Haley,

I was told today that the automated processing times thing would take another week to fix. However it seems they're getting so many enquiries to that address that they've come to realise that it saves them a lot of trouble in answering calls and emails, so I'm sure it will be available in some form - I'm still expecting the other link to be live at midnight, perhaps that will shed some more light on the situation.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:36 pm

Hi Sush, Haley,

I was told today that the automated processing times thing would take another week to fix. However it seems they're getting so many enquiries to that address that they've come to realise that it saves them a lot of trouble in answering calls and emails, so I'm sure it will be available in some form - I'm still expecting the other link to be live at midnight, perhaps that will shed some more light on the situation.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks for the quick reply George!!! That's good news!!

sush-jpn
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:43 pm
Canuck/Aussie

I agree... having the processing times on the web would make a lot more sense. I can't even imagine how many requests they get by email!

I had forgotten about the initial link George provided. I'm hoping there might be something good there, will have to check it in the morning though as it's very late here.

Haley
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thats what I filled in yesterday George to query the processing times email. It all makes sense now as to why I havent had a reply.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Thats what I filled in yesterday George to query the processing times email. It all makes sense now as to why I havent had a reply.

Guys,

I've also asked what is wrong with the processing time email and got this back! Seems it's all working again! as I got all the responses with processing times as well!

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your feedback, it was passed to me fore response.

We became aware last week that there were technical difficulties with the
auto response facility on several of our email mailboxes.

Our technicians have been working on this problem since that time and
advised us today that as of last night this issue has been resolved. This
means you can now receive our current application processing times by auto
response from [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Assistant Manager
Communications Unit
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre
Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs

cheers,
Marina
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

smartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nicesmartbhupi is just really nice

Hi Folks,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi,

http://www.immi.gov.au/FEEDBACK/gsm/post.htm

the above link is still not working, if they changed to another Url?? or any updates regarding this?

Bhupi