Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Change in circumstances after visa grant !!

Change in circumstances after visa grant !!

Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change in circumstances after visa grant !!

Hello ,

Iam Egyptian pharmacist holding the british citizenship from my parent. living in cairo and got the visa grant to OZ few weeks ago.
Now , i will be engaged in the next month and emigrating alone in june/july. then come back Cairo to get married after 1 year. she 's egyptian citizen.
now should i inform about engagmen as defacto isnt applicable as every one is living on his own till marriage due to cultural and traditions in egypt.
or wait till marriage and apply for spouse visa but afraid i will be in trouble not informing about the engagment or even history of relationship or what !!!
Thanks all and best regards all
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Moss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change in circumstances after visa grant !!

Dear Bahaa,

If a change in circumstances occurs after visa grant then there is nothing to be concerned about. This happens often especially where new children are born. You will simply have to apply for a spouse visa and it is easier to do so after you are married, and have been in a relationship for at least one year.

If however a spousal relationship has been on going, and the spouse was intentionally left off the application for some reason, then that is a different matter and a notice of incorrect information 1023 needs to be submitted. DIAC will then determine if you should continue to hold your visa.

Only you know the actual circumstances in this regard.

Regards,

Peter
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Moss
Dear Bahaa,

If a change in circumstances occurs after visa grant then there is nothing to be concerned about. This happens often especially where new children are born. You will simply have to apply for a spouse visa and it is easier to do so after you are married, and have been in a relationship for at least one year.

If however a spousal relationship has been on going, and the spouse was intentionally left off the application for some reason, then that is a different matter and a notice of incorrect information 1023 needs to be submitted. DIAC will then determine if you should continue to hold your visa.

Only you know the actual circumstances in this regard.

Regards,

Peter
Dear Peter ,

I appreciate your response deeply as i was in concern if i have to do any action once engaged soon before validation in summer.
Thanks alot for your contribution and my best regards .
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Moss is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries. Happy landings and mabrouk on the engagement !
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Moss
No worries. Happy landings and mabrouk on the engagement !
Shokran