change of address - notifiying DIMA

Old Sep 27th 2002, 10:09 pm
Joe Risotti

Default change of address - notifiying DIMA

I moved to a new address recently. I know I have to notify DIMA... is
it possible to send them an email or do I have to write a letter.

Joe

Old Sep 28th 2002, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: change of address - notifiying DIMA

We wrote to DIMA giving them our change of address
We also had a redirection service from the post office ,which was just as well because Oz house still managed to send our medical requests to our old address, we would still be waiting as we have been moved out of that house for a year.
I had also confirmed my address with them on the phone when i phoned about another matter. The correct address was on their computer screen but it seemed that somebody just sent the paperwork out after just looking at our file.
Sorry to scare anybody that has moved during the wait for their visa.Just think that visa confirmation could be sitting on your old doormat.
Good luck 37 DAYS till were in Brisbane
Old Sep 28th 2002, 9:16 am
Jaj

I'd send an email and follow up with a letter sent by recorded
delivery / courier.

Jeremy

>On 27 Sep 2002 15:09:35 -0700, [email protected] (joe risotti) wrote:
    >I moved to a new address recently. I know I have to notify DIMA... is
    >it possible to send them an email or do I have to write a letter.
    >Joe

Old Sep 29th 2002, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wannabee sheila:
We wrote to DIMA giving them our change of address
We also had a redirection service from the post office ,which was just as well because Oz house still managed to send our medical requests to our old address, we would still be waiting as we have been moved out of that house for a year.
I had also confirmed my address with them on the phone when i phoned about another matter. The correct address was on their computer screen but it seemed that somebody just sent the paperwork out after just looking at our file.
Sorry to scare anybody that has moved during the wait for their visa.Just think that visa confirmation could be sitting on your old doormat.
Good luck 37 DAYS till were in Brisbane
After reading this i am now slightly worried. I telephoned Adelaide to tell them i would not be using my Agent anymore and they told me to send them a letter together with my case number as things like this could not be changed with a phone call. This i did, but how do i know they have changed it? They were not very friendly when i phoned so am reluctant to call them again to see if it has been dealt with.
Guess i just sit tight and wait ??
Old Oct 9th 2002, 7:52 pm
Lehmanb

I had to reply to these messages, the exact same thing happened to me
and my boyfriend as it did to Sheila. I faxed and then posted and then
confirmed by phone that they had our new correct address. Then the
first correspondence after 15 months they send to the old address.
Makes you wonder really...........

Old Oct 10th 2002, 2:55 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it does make you wonder, especially when we've forked out thousand-odd bucks for the privilege of receiving mails at our old addresses

Peter

Originally posted by Lehmanb:
I had to reply to these messages, the exact same thing happened to me and my boyfriend as it did to Sheila. I faxed and then posted and then confirmed by phone that they had our new correct address. Then the first correspondence after 15 months they send to the old address.
Makes you wonder really...........