Wikiposts

Certifying documents

Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:05 am
ark
Just Joined

ark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certifying documents

Please can someone tell me who I need to certify a document for the ACS & Immigration office. Would a local policeman be okay, or does it have to be someone more prominent? Can my local Dr. do it? All it says in the forms is a "Notary Official".

Cheers

ARK
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certifying documents

I thought that a policeman would be okay for our skills assessment with the TRA but our agent said it had to be by a solicitor, notary public, justice of the peace or magistrate. The TRA are very particular and I know of people that have had their application declined for not having all of the contact details, and position clearly stated on every page.

However, I think that with the visa application a policeman would be okay. As I have not got to that statge yet I am not 100% sure but I am sure someone else will have the answer.

Hope that helps

Daihla
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ark
Please can someone tell me who I need to certify a document for the ACS & Immigration office. Would a local policeman be okay, or does it have to be someone more prominent? Can my local Dr. do it? All it says in the forms is a "Notary Official".

Cheers

ARK
In England it has to be someone allowed under the English law. I used a local solictor but a JP can be used. Some people go down to the local magistrates.

Costs vary wildly so ring around for the best deal.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:43 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ark

Cheers

ARK
We had our documents certified firstly by a Doctor friend of mine and the second set (ie Character check etc.) done by a solicitor friend.
These have all gone through OK.I don't know if it will vary with different documents as ours was a straightforward application (Contributory Parent visa).

Good luck

G
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ark

Cheers

ARK
We phoned round and went to one of the local solicitors. Charged £30, that covered all we needed for skills and visa - I have been back twice with more things and she did them for no extra charge. Other solicitor in the village wanted £90 an hour just for us to turn up!

Muzzman
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:59 pm
ark
Just Joined

ark is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses - sounds like we will have to find a friendly local solicitor and see how much they charge.

Cheers

ARK
Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ark
Thanks for the responses - sounds like we will have to find a friendly local solicitor and see how much they charge.

Cheers

ARK
Only cost me a couple of pints.

Good luck

G
Old Jan 25th 2004, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

We got ours certified by the postmaster at our post office, Dimia said this was fine and we also did the same with TRA and got our stuff back with no problems. Plus it was free of charge, I also belive it's fine with them to get your bank to certify the documents, it doesn't have to be a solicitor or doctor who charge for nothing!!!!!

Lisa